Friday, January 2, 2009

What a Bargain!


The teapot in the picture, is one of the cutest things I have ever seen! I got it at an antique shop in Lake Elsinore for the whopping total of $2 When I first looked at it, I thought, "Now, that's the daftest thing in the world - pfft! The tea is going to come out of the holes!" Then my brain started to function and I saw that it was a topper for a votive candle. I haven't tried it yet so don't know what it looks like with a flickering light - but I've had lots of compliments on it as it sits on the small table in the family room. It also reminds me of one of my favorite children's nursery rhymes:


I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
Here is my handle; here is my spout
When I get my steam up, here me shout
Tip me over and pour me out.



Yesterday was a quiet day for Me and Him and we didn't see anyone but took a couple of 'Happy New Year" phone calls from friends and family. (I hope you are feeling better today, Mrs. Banjo!) We also got a call from our sister sister who is in town from Tucson and will be coming to see us today - Yeah! I feel a Mexican lunch coming on!


Mr. Indi and I had a discussion about New Years resolutions and the pros and cons of making them AND breaking them! I decided that I was no longer going to open my big mouth when I ran into people (usually on the internet) who are racist, bigots, ignorant jerks and/or yobs! I have a tendency to let these types of people know how offensive they are. And, therefore, I make a few enemies along the way. But, Mr. Indi says that if some people don't speak up, then the racists and bigots will keep spreading their words of intolerance. I don't know - I think I'm getting too tired to argue with them!


In the end, Mr. Indi resolved to wake up each morning! and I resolved to start taking cod liver oil pills for my health. The doc on the telly says that cod liver oil is the greatest thing since sliced bread! And if the doctor on the telly says it - it must be so! Ma used to feed us a spoonful every morning before we went to school. Funny how the old remedies are making a comeback.


Yesterday afternoon, we watched English comedy dvds and I wet me pants laughing so hard! there's nothing like a good laugh, is there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really good laugh, the kind that starts in the belly and takes over your whole body leaving you gasping for air 15 minutes later, is a rare thing. It must be savoured and held dear for you never know when it will come again.

cheers,
g a r

Muderma said...

I LOVE that crazy tea-pot !


(And get some incontinence kn****rs dear; then you can watch comedy TV to your hearts content !)