Saturday, January 17, 2009

Paper Clips and Pasta



Well, it wasn't easy, but I got his Lordship out of the house and into the car yesterday for a trip down to Staples - his most favorite store in the whole world and fortunately, they have handicapped parking directly in front of the shop! Mr. Indi loves checking out all of the computer gadgets - mice - cameras - paper clips - sheets of paper! He would spend hours there - and I didn't mind pushing him up and down the aisles while he inspected all the goodies! I shall soon have muscles in the back of my legs like an all-in wrestler! But, it does both he and I good to be out of the house and in the company of other people - even the ding-a-lings at Staples!




We didn't spend too much dosh - I bought a new binder because I need to start filing all of the information that I have amassed for another branch of his Lordship's family tree. This time it is the Paul and Player families who emigrated to Canada from Dorset, England, in the 1850s. I have lots of good info including birth, marriage and death certificates. It will be good to get them filed in one place rather than be scattered around my office like lost souls. Mr. Indi bought some new ink cartridges and a ream of paper. His working from home is eating through our supplies - I think his company should pay for them!




While down in that neck of the woods, we went to see Marika and Cyndi at the Chili's restaurant. They are always so happy - it's a pleasure to see them. I had that lovely gooey Cajun pasta and Mr. Indi had his fave chicken wings in hot sauce with celery sticks! Cheap and Yummy!




The new photo program showed up via Fed-Ex and Mr. Indi spent the afternoon loading it onto my new laptop and reading the instructions. Much of his time was spent scratching his head and trying to figure out what the heck they are talking about! Maybe he was reading the pages that are printed in Dutch - Double Dutch!




The wind has gone and the weather has turned cooler. Maybe my plants will survive after all. Also, it feels good to have a little chill in the air at night. There is nothing worse than trying to sleep when it's 80F. They (the BIG they) say that we could could get rain by next weekend - that would be wonderful.




Today's picture is one that I took last June. The pier at Balboa.






1 comment:

lexi said...

Hi Indi,

Good for you getting mr. indi out of the house yesterday, hopefully help is headed your way soon!

xoxo
Lexi