Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Right - Right - Left - Right - Left!


Today, I have to see Dr. K for a check-up on my throat. I'm feeling fairly confidant that the cancer hasn't returned - but will still be very nervous when he sticks that toilet snake thingy up my nose and down my throat. The bright spot of my visit, of course, will be some great big cuddly hugs from Sharon - the best hugger in the world! Mr Indi won't be coming with me as he usually does - boo hoo - so I shall just have to be a brave little soldier and go on my own.


I think I shall stop in at Brian's place on the way back and check up on Eric - see how things are going with his English class and maybe find out the name of his nasty evil teacher. She needs to be turned in to the powers that be.


I managed to get his Lordship to leave the house yesterday and go out for lunch. It was a huge performance that included a big fight but I felt that I should force the issue and show him how we can manage to get him down the steps. The outcome was that, while he was glad to be able to get out, he didn't feel it was worth all the effort just to eat a poxy lunch that made him nauseous! Grrr. I don't think he got the point! Anyway, I see that part of the problem is that he is leading with his left leg and that is the leg that keeps giving way. He is VERY left handed and left footed and so it is difficult for him to lead with his right foot - but with me yelling at him - he was able to do so and was much steadier on his feet! I must sound like a rotten sergeant-major the way I yell at him - Right Foot - Right - Right! Still, it seems to be part of the answer to the mobility problem.


Yesterday afternoon, the wind calmed down to nothing more than a gentle 5 mph breeze and I scrubbed and cleaned the side porch which was covered in 1/2 inch of dust and dirt, leaves, dead flies and heaven knows what else. I also brushed and washed the 2 lawn chairs and my little glass table. It all looked so nice. This morning, the wind is blowing at 50 mph again - ARGGGGGGG!


I took the picture in 2006 on the coast of Central California - I miss the ocean!


No comments: