Friday, January 9, 2009

Things That Go Bump.......


So, Me and Him went to bed early - as usual - and after I had tucked him in, I got into my own snuggly bed and settled down to continue with my book. I had reached a quite exciting part when, all of a sudden, I heard these horrible crunching, scraping and shaking noises! Oh, oh! An earthquake. HOW RUDE! The quake made a heck of a racket but I didn't feel much movement - and for that I was thankful. I dived out of bed and went to check on his Lordship who was engrossed in a crossword puzzle - earthquakes don't bother him - he says! I checked the quake Web page this morning and it was only a 4.5 mag - but very close to the house - epicenter about 10 miles away, hence the noise.


It took me a while to calm down - I'm always afraid that a little one is a precursor to a big one! But, I eventually got back into my book and by 9:30 was fast asleep. I was woken at 10:45 by Mr. Indi yelling my name at the top of his voice. I dived into his room to discover he had fallen on his way to the toilet - tripped over his pyjama leg - and couldn't get up! Arggggg! I got him untangled from his walker and the conversation re: what happened? - quickly devolved into a shouting match because - of course - it was all MY fault! It took me a few minutes to decide what to do next - and as I sat on the bed, thinking, he was able to crawl to the bed and pull himself up on his knees. I got the big footstool from the living room and, using the end board of the bed, he was able to pull himself up so that he was sitting on the stool. After a few minutes rest, he was able to hoist himself upright onto his walking frame. Phew! And off he waddled to the toilet! I eventually got him back into bed - sans PJ bottoms (too much of a hazard) and gave him a pain pill. I needed a stiff drink - but decided against it and got back in my bed - but did not get much sleep!


The early part of our day had gone fairly well with a trip to get the pies from the English Import store and a lovely lunch at the Indian joint - although, even there, I had a rather stressful episode when Mr. Indi went off to the men's room on his walker and was gone for ages and ages. I started to worry that he had fell in, fell over, passed out or couldn't get up! I asked one of the lovely Indian waiters to go and check for me and he soon came back with a big grin on his face and gave me 2 thumbs up! OK - well, it meant his Lordship was having a marathon sit (notice I said SIT!) so I ordered another Kingfisher beer. I do like Indian beer!


I hope today is a bit calmer - for both Me and Him. I'm going to get the buttons for the cardi and take a quick drive down to the World Market for some tea bags. I also have to go to Larry's for more pain killers and the other store for more Senokot! I will consider leaving his Lordship at home as he is becoming too unsteady to go very far. But, I hate to even consider that he is becoming housebound. Things seem to be getting worse in a hurry. Although, another bright spot came yesterday when we got a call from the neuro-surgeon's office and we have an appointment to see him on the 27th Jan. Yea!


The picture is one of a cactus flower in my garden taken last September - I put it through the mosaic mangle!

6 comments:

Muderma said...

Its no good Indi ... its time you got himself a piss-pot !


Love and hugs to you both ...
XX

Anonymous said...

Yep I think Granny is right.. Would save the getting out of bed in the night!. Much safer.. Will call you soon Love Anjo. xxxx

Anonymous said...

"came back with a big grin on his face and gave me 2 thumbs up! OK - well, it meant his Lordship was having a marathon sit"

made me spurt coffee all over my monitor,

wayne

Muderma said...

I find MOST of Indi's blog entries need to be read with no tea or coffee nearby ... and considering my great age, also with an empty bladder !!

Anonymous said...

Oh Indi,

We come into the world not being able to do much for ourselves and we end up leaving in much the same shape.

I'm sure mr indi hates not being able to do things for himself.

Gar

ipa said...

Hi g a r,
You are right, of course. He gets very frustrated and I am being very patient!

Also, when he came into the world, I know his Mom always said he was a large baby 10lb 40z. But, now he's a bit bigger! LOL
Love
Indi xxx