Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Things We Do For Love!


Mr. Indi stayed in bed all day yesterday except for taking a couple of steps to get onto his posh commode that I bought him. He just doesn't trust his legs to go any further and has lost all use of the left one.


I bought the posh potty chair at a medical supply store in nearby Corona. The man who runs the store, Richard, is one of the nicest, kindest blokes you could wish to meet. He has MS and has a bit of a struggle to get about but is a lovely cheerful soul who is always very helpful. I was pleasantly surprised that the commode didn't cost too much - $45. I had looked for them on the web and could find nothing cheaper than about $60. Of course, I could have purchased the antique one that I saw advertised - the one with the inlaid veneer cabinet and English china potty for $200 - but Mr. Indi's bum isn't worth it!


I must admit that I would never have chosen "hospital orderly" as a career and still don't place it very high on my list of fun jobs to do. Without going into details, I had to go back out to the store and buy several cans of air freshener - a couple of containers of bleach wipes - and a clothes peg for my nose! But, I mustn't complain - at least all of Mr. Indi's bodily functions seem to be working like a finely tuned machine! Twice a day!


I have taken to having a lunch break each day. Once I get his Lordship fed and tucked in - I go down the road and sit in the corner of one of my favorite restaurants and have lunch and a beer. I take my writing pad and pens with me because I have got back into writing my book that I started about 5 years ago. It's my story of how a 15 year old girl found herself to be in a home for unmarried mothers and the stories of some of those mothers and their heartbreak at giving up their precious babies. I like to write and am finding my lunch time scribbles are quite therapeutic - gets my head into a different place for a little while. I mean, JK Rowling made a mint by scribbling in coffee shops and cafes - why not me?


I am going to get my mane shorn this morning - at 8:00 a.m. - I hope Mr. Indi doesn't get a visitation requiring the commode while I'm away - but I shouldn't be too long. I'm thinking of having my hair spiked. I quite like old ladies with spiky funky hair. I shall ask Peggy what she thinks. And, if it looks good - maybe I'll get the ends bleached pink! Hey - stop laughing!


Santa Ana winds are back - blowing a gale this morning - gusts predicted to 70 mph - fire danger will be high. I hope you like this picture of clouds. I think I may have posted it before - oh well - I like it anyway!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it Indi - wld love to see you with spiked hair and pink tips, so looking forward to tommorrows photo! Please make sure the clothes peg on your nose matches colour wise, it would be a shame to clash.

I am sure it will cheer Mr Indi up too - or something anyway!

KO

Yor

lexi said...

I agree, go for the gusto and get your hair colored pink, wow I like it already!

Hang in there Indi, life can be very curl at times as if I need to tell you that!!!!!!!

Having a flash back to the 70's here but,

Keep On Trucking my friend

hugs & kisses mixed with tears :-(

Lexi

Anonymous said...

God! I love you both so much and am so damned sorry for what you're going through.

I'm mending and should be able to make the drive soon ... if you'll have me.

xoxoxoxoxoxo to you both! And go for the spikes ... you'll be a bit taller than! :-)

badger

Muderma said...

PINK HAIR ??


Wow !



DO IT, Indi ... please ... p-l-e-a-s-e ....


... and put up a photo so your readers all over the globe can see how great you look !

Mr Indi will either love it or shave your head for you ...

XXXXXXXXXXXX