Friday, January 16, 2009

I Went to the Prado!


Well, somebody must have pushed the right button because we got a phone call from our insurance co and they are sending a rep out on Monday morning to evaluate Mr. Indi's needs and to help expedite any treatment, etc.


His walking is getting slower and more painful and is very exhausting for him - even just going from the bedroom to the living room. He fell twice yesterday - actually he didn't really fall - he slipped off the side of the bed because he hadn't planted his bum in the right place. He blamed the bed sheets! Grrr. He said they are too smooth and slippery! Well, there is a dilemma - where does one get sheets with ridges or Velcro to hold his bottom in place so that he doesn't end up in a heap on the floor! I was able to help him up by scooting his bum under the footstool and from there he was able to pull himself up on his walker - but that performance in itself was enough to send him back to bed for 2 hours.


The doctor's office also called and I told Dina that I am not going to be able to get his Lordship to the lab for blood tests. The main problem being that the lab is a little building in the middle of a row of other medical buildings - there is no parking except for on the street and the nearest handicapped parking is 100 yards away. I can't get him into the chair and push him that far along the side walk and then up a ramp into the lab. I just can't! He is twice my weight and, while I can just about manage pushing him on the flat - I can not push him uphill. Period! Dina said she will request permission for a nurse to come to the house and draw blood. That would be a good thing.


The wind died down and I spent an hour in the front garden working on the pots in the window box. (The impatiens) I have hacked them all back to 1/2 inch - watered them - fed them some Miracle Grow - and told them that they can please their bloody selves. Live or die - I don't care. They sell more at the Home Depot! (That should scare them into growing - do ya think?)


Today, I have to go on a tea bag run. They only sell my favorite tea at the World Market - about 12-15 miles away. I wish Mr. Indi could come with me - I hate going everywhere alone but I don't think he will be venturing out of the house - the fear of falling has really taken over.


I got a call from my friend, Sandy, and we are meeting up tomorrow at Mimi's Cafe. She is bringing her English friend so that should be lots of fun and we can have a good old natter about our lovely home country and how homesick we are - or not! (Maybe she's not!)


Today's picture is of a statue and water feature in the courtyard of the Prado Restaurant in Balboa Park in San Diego. We went there for lunch a few years ago. A bit pricey - and snooty - food was passable but not worth the money! I give it 3 stars (out of a possible 5)

No comments: