Thursday, January 15, 2009

Two Tough Old Birds!


Today's picture is of two very well bred and high class ladies as they enjoy a little sojourn to beautiful downtown Palm Springs. Please note the exquisite (and terribly expensive) sunglasses on the lady on the left. And, the beautifully coordinated tee shirt (Marks and Sparks, I believe) and titfer of the lady on the right. This picture was probably published in one of the Royal Court magazines at some point but you probably missed it! It was taken in 2003 and Palm Springs has not been the same since!


I went and had my check up with Dr. K - AND - he can see NO sign of anything that even vaguely resembles a tumor on my vocal chords! He says that, apart from some damage from the radiation, my voice box is clean as a whistle! YEA! The radiation worked! He doesn't want to see me for 6 months. I am a happy girl!


While at Dr. K's office, I got talking with Sharon, the world's greatest hugger, and I was telling her how difficult it is becoming for me to look after his Lordship by myself. She asked if I was getting Home Health Care and I explained that Dr. J's office was supposed to be looking into it. Without any hesitation, she got on the phone to my health insurance coordinator and told them to get moving! She said that "this lady is too old and little to be doing this by herself!" She made me sound like a wizened up old crone! LOL - I expect I am!


If I don't hear anything by next Wednesday, I am to call Sharon back and she will jump all over somebody! Yikes. (She's a big girl!) I also got talking to Sandy, Dr. K's nurse. Her poor hubby has Parkinson's and they have always enjoyed going out to eat but he won't go anywhere now because of his shaking. Sandy asked if I would go to lunch with her one day as she misses her outings. Me - go to lunch!!! What a daft question! I live to go out to lunch - and now I can't do it either - so - there we have it. Two old ladies are going to Mimi's Cafe for a meal in the near future. I promise not to wear the sunglasses!


Mr. Indi's day was OK. No falling down so that is a good thing. He played with my new laptop while I was out and has ordered a new whizz bang photo program for it - should be here in a few days - then you can expect to see even better pictures of more dignified ladies!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pic. What a fat cow I look!!!!! HaHa! Glad your check up was good. Talk later xxxxx Anjo

Heather said...

Woopee on the vocal cord inspection. Hope you get to keep your lunch date real soon.
Heather