Friday, January 30, 2009

Spikes, Scallops, and Flat Tires!


Well, I'm sorry to report that there is no pink spiky hair today! I hope you enjoy the pink hibiscus instead! I got into the car at 7:45 a.m. for the quick trip down to Peggy's shop and set off down my road which is on a bit of a hill. Thumpety - thumpety - thumpety. Wow, I thought, this car is running a bit rough! Duh. I pulled over when I got to the bottom of the hill - ran round the car and, sure enough, the left rear tire was flatter than my chest! Grrrr!


I made an illegal u-turn in the middle of the road and headed back to the house. I dived out of my car and into his Lordship's clunky old auto. His car has been sitting in the driveway for several weeks and even though I start it up about once a week, it still runs like a clunky old hunk of junk! But, I really needed a haircut - so off I went and made it to my appt just in time. I was in too much of a bad mood to start messing about with spikes or other fashionable modifications to the mane - so I told Peg - Just give me a chop job and I will be back for the spikes in February. Watch this space.


I was back home in less than 45 mins and after checking on his Lordship - who was reading the paper - called AAA to come and change my tire and put the spare on for me. Thank heavens for the Auto Club. I would be up a tree without them. Now it was off to the tire store, where we bought these rubbish tires just over a year ago, to get the puncture fixed. They checked my paper work and everything was under warranty so everything was done free - but it wasted an hour and a half of my time while I sat and worried if his Lordship was managing OK by himself. By the time I got home it was 11:30 and nothing had been done - Grrr!


Now, the good news - S came and took some measurements in order to help me work with a company that makes ramps - should I decided to do that. Also, a nice nurse called and will be out at the house at 10:00 this morning to assess Mr. Indi's situation and determine his needs for physical therapy, etc - Yea! The cavalry is almost here!


I made a fabulous dinner last night. I made up the recipe myself and if anyone likes sea scallops, garlic, mushrooms, white wine, lemons, butter and cilantro - drop me a note and I'll write down the recipe. Mr. Indi loved it - and he's not a big seafood lover - unlike me who would eat anything - and I mean anything - that comes from the sea. We had my dish - that I call Scallops a Yum Yum with rice pilaf and fresh asparagus. As my sis would say "Bloody Loverly."


I hope to have lots of news once our nurse has been - stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bother - I was really looking forward to the pink spiked hair, I thought if it looked good on you - it might have been my next fashion statement.
Glad you got your tyre fixed, there is nothing worse is there, but it does allow you to vent a few choice words!!!!!!!!
Keep at it and keep smiling and roll on the cavalry!

All the best from a very hot NZ

Yor