Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Got Any Crabs?


I called the oncologist's office to check on the results of Mr. Indi's blood tests that he had last Thursday and Lo and Behold! There are no results and nobody knows where the blood tests went or who to call to get the results. So, once again, just as I think that things are starting to move - we hit another wall. I shall personally go to the oncologist's office myself after I get Mr. Indi home from the neuro-surgeon, partly to see if they have had any luck tracking down the results and partly to get Dina to write some prescriptions for morphine and some anxiety medicine.


Yesterday was a fairly quiet day with his Lordship spending most of the day on the bed. Rather than order more books to read from Amazon (The Ra Expeditions) he decided to tackle some of the hundreds of books here at the house that he has yet to read. He picked up Ghost Soldiers - a true story of the Japanese prison camp at Cabanatuan in the Philippines and includes details of the Bataan Death March! Hmmm! Not my cup of tea but he says it's very good - and also very sad. No kidding!


Today we go to see the neuro-surgeon and it is an appt that I am not looking forward to at all. I think there is nothing left to be done to help Mr. Indi except to make him comfortable - I don't think that that can be accomplished by spinal surgery. We'll see. Mr. Indi's brother will be here at 8:00 am to help me get him into the car. The docs office is about 15 miles away - so should get there in plenty of time for 9:00 am appt. The wind is blowing a gale and I hope it dies down when the sun comes up. Wish us luck.


Today's picture is one that I took of one of the breakwaters at Newport Beach - the kids are all looking in the tide pools for hermit crabs and other critters on a lovely September day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck - I hope it went well and the bloody blood turned up. They make life easy don't they.

Keep your chin up and don't let them get you down. Thinking of you both.

Kia Ora from NZ

Y