Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lost Wages!


I was rummaging through some old pictures on the computer and I came across this one but I can't remember when it was taken. I know that it must have been when Me and Him and Anjo the Banjo all went to Las Vegas - but when was that? 5-6 years ago? Don't know! But we did have a very nice time even though "Lost Wages" is one of my least favorite towns in the whole world! How do I know it's Las Vegas? - See the Keno board behind Mr. Indi? That's how! Plus the fact that Anjo was in the picture but I cut her off as I don't think she wants her mug shot on a blog that is going to discuss Mr. Indi's bathroom behaviour!


I took Grannie's advice but I didn't get a gazunder (I don't think you can buy them except for the chintzy ones at antique shops) I don't like piss-pots anyway. Reminds me of my childhood - and the night that Dad dropped his pocket watch in the pot and scared mother half to death - but that's another story. I went to the proper medical supply department of a large drug store and got his Lordship a proper man's urinal - the type they use in hospitals - with a handle on it so that it can hang on the headboard. His first response was "What if it isn't large enough?" Holy crap! It's 32 oz - how large do you want it? A 5 gallon drum? I told him to just make sure he stopped before it overflowed - and to call me and I would empty it! If 32 oz is not sufficient, I will buy more. They are only about $10 each. He could have several - all hanging on the headboard! What a sight!


Well, I may have to get another one of them there things as I was woken up at midnight and had to empty the jug. But, it's better than getting up at midnight and dragging a large man across the bedroom floor! Although that could be a matter of opinion!


Yesterday was a bit of a struggle for everyone - especially as the wind was howling a gale for most of the day and that made for lots of sniffles, runny noses, dry skin and dirt in the eyeballs! Just more of the pleasures of living in southern California. The Santa Ana winds are here again and promise to stick around at 60-70mph for most of the weekend. Oh Joy! But, the upside (Everything has an upside!) is that the temp will rise to 80F (26C) so I shall save some money on the heating bill!


I got the buttons for the cardi and although I am not real happy with them - they will have to do. We shall be staying in today because of the windstorm and fire danger, so should be able to get the buttons sewn on and VOILA! Goodbye cardi! Now, what to knit next? Covers for urinal bottles?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got that picture too! We did have a laugh there. Better get 6 jugs for Indi he is a big man you know!!!! loads a love
xxxxxxx

Muderma said...

32oz ? That's over a pint and a half ! Himself has some good kidney function !

(I remembered to go to the bathroom today BEFORE reading your blog ... good job I did ! The thought of a row of over-flowing piss-pots/jugs hanging on the headboard just creased me up !)


Big hug for himself ... and for you too IPA !

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the flowery bag!!! it could hide a multitude of sins!!! and several pee bottles! haha Love Banjo xxxxxx hugs hugs