Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Face That Only A Mother Could Love!


So, Mr. Indi was lying down and I decided to do a bit of work in the front garden. I was sweeping up leaves and pulling out a few weeds as I went along the front path when suddenly, I stopped dead in my tracks. What was that under the wheel of Mr. Indi's car? A rat? Holy Moley - must be a huge rat! But as I looked closer, I realized that it was a baby possum. Isn't he/she the ugliest baby you ever saw? I ran in the house and got my camera and had to practically lie down on my tummy to get a good shot of him/her - but the baby stayed there until after it got dark and then, when I went to take the rubbish out after dinner, it was gone. I wonder where it's mommy is? - poor lonesome little ugly thing!


Yesterday was a good news - bad news - good news day. I managed to get his Lordship dressed and situated without any mishaps and he worked on his work work (as opposed to playing Mah Jong) on the computer. I got busy with the washing machine - first doing his bed linens and mattress pad because of the unfortunate incident where he missed his aim at the urinal bottle by a good 3 feet - the judges gave him a 4 for accuracy - but a 9 for style! And, as long as I was washing beds - I did mine too. So, there was the morning shot - bashing away with the washboard and green soap!


In the afternoon, S, the Patient Advocate, called to say that a rep from a home health care group would be calling in the morning (today, Jan 22) to set up a time at which they can come out and examine Mr. Indi and get a blood draw. It had taken her quite a bit of leg work to get permission for this health care rep to come out to the house. Our main MD (Primary Care Physician) had denied the request for home care assistance on the basis that last time he saw Mr. Indi he was ambulatory and therefore could go to the blood lab for a blood draw! When I heard this, I went bozo. I burst into tears with anger and told S that I shall be writing a letter to our MD (Dr. N) and sending a copy to our health insurance company and anyone else that I can think of explaining that Mr. Indi can't even get out of the house - let alone to the lab!


S then went to Dr J, the oncologist and explained the situation to him. Dr. J had no problem with issuing an approval - although it will have to go back through Dr. N's office and might get blocked - but by then I shall be down there with the letter in my hand and these people will be sorry that they ever said no - I have fought bigger fish than them- and won!


So - we await the outcome - but S said that if I don't hear from the home help nurse by noon, to give her a call and she will, once again, go to battle. Did I tell you that S is Canadian - I love Canucks! They don't give in easily! Must be all that cold weather and ice hockey - oh, and Labatts beer!


I just want to say a quick I love you to Anjo the Banjo; my little brother, Wayne; my good friends Annie, Sandy, Sharon, Lyn, Jan, Susan and lots more and everyone else that sends their best wishes to John. We love you all - xxxx


ps to Mike - Dad read Kon Tiki in 2 days and is now looking for Ra but can't find it - any clues?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Dr Nelson if he doesn't get his finger out of his bum, stupid bloke, I shall come over and personally flatten him!!!!!!! He'll look like the previous Nelson eyeless and armless!!! take note.

Battle of Trafalgar is nothing compared to the battle of The Indi's of Norco, so there!

Love from MExxxxxxxx

Muderma said...

Them's fightin' words !


Quite right too !


Love and hugs ...