Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Internet LIES!


So, the web page said that we could view the reclining chair up the road a piece at a large department store - and, after I had done all the necessaries, I gathered up his Lordship, his walker, his push chair and his walking cane (which he now uses as a punting pole when I am pushing him in the chair!) and off we went to check out said reclining chair.


As it happened, the store was having a "Door Busting Sale" - although I can't imagine why they would want their doors busted - and the parking lot was pretty full by the time we arrived at about 10:30. I had to park a fair ways from the entrance and so I got a good work out pushing his Lordship in his throne on a slight uphill grade for about 50 yards. In fact, I collapsed onto a rack of ties in the men's department as soon as we got through the front door! Van Huesen they were - very nice too!


After my heart rate returned to normal and I was able to breath, we made our way to the elevator and rode up to the second floor. We wandered around for a while checking out the bargains - Mr. Indi wants to buy me a Cuisinart Mash Em Smash Em machine for about $400 - I don't want the bloody thing - but he always wants to stop and check them out. I am quite happy with an egg beater and a hand operated spud basher - thank you! We could see no sign of chairs - reclining or otherwise and stopped to ask a sales lady. "Oh no," she said. "We don't have chairs - in fact we don't have a furniture department." Arggggggg! She gave us directions to their branch that DOES have a furniture department - 25 miles away! But, she also told us of a furniture outlet ( showroom models and factory over runs) that was just about 5 miles away. SO, it was back to the car - but at least this time I was on a downhill slope!


We found a chair that fit the bill perfectly at the furniture outlet store. A decent color - a wine red - soft material - not too large - just right. I could have taken it with me but I have enough trouble with his Lordship in his throne without carrying a reclining chair on me back! I don't know anybody with a pick-up truck so have had to pay to have it delivered - it should be here today and it will make Mr. Indi very happy! Or Else!


After all that performance, it was time for lunch and we stopped at a place called Spaghetti Eddie's in Rancho Cucamonga (Don't you just love that name?) Lunch was really good. Mr. Indi had a sausage and meatball sandwich with lots of gooey cheese, grilled peppers and marinara sauce. I had salmon with lemon and capers over fettuccine. All very yummy.


Today's picture started out as a photo of a beautiful yellow rose growing in my front garden - I then went a bit over the edge playing with it in PSP. I still think it's pretty though.


About 10 more rows of the collar to go - grrrrr!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you found the chair!!! Will call later. Banjo xxx