Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mr. Gates - You Must Be Kidding!


Well, I had a really splendid time yesterday morning, meeting up with Sharon and Sandy for a late breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. Sandy had invited two other friends, Tina (from London) and Angelina (from Brunei and married to an Englishman) and what lovely ladies they are. The 5 of us had a good gossip about the state of world affairs - well, not really - we mostly talked about food and how to make the best Yorkshire Pud! Along with what is our favorite alcohol! They are all concerned that I get help to look after John soon - and we all exchanged phone numbers so that we can keep in touch. Angelina herself is fighting a battle against cancer and has just finished a course of chemo - but what a bright and cheery lady she is with a wonderful attitude.


I was a little worried about leaving his Lordship alone for a couple of hours in the house. I'm so afraid that he will fall and not be able to get up - but my son stopped by and poked his head in the bedroom and found his Lordship out like a light. And, when I got back home, his Majesty was sitting on the throne! Happy as a lark! But gasping for a cup of tea!


We are now using the big push chair to wheel Mr. Indi back and forth between the living room and the bedroom. It is taking up too much of his energy to use the walker to get around. Luckily, we have oak floors in the hallway and bedrooms - so I have taken up all the carpet runners and rugs so that I have a smooth surface to push him on. The only tough part is the living room but I'm getting good at it as long as I approach the carpet at top speed! Fasten your seat belts!


Because Mr. Indi is becoming so weak, I think it's time for a dose of good old liver with spinach or Swiss chard for dinner today. Well, I don't mean old liver - young liver would be best! I'm sure the chemo has taken his red cell count to below acceptable levels and the poor little cells are crying out for some iron - so I will be happy to oblige even though I have to drive to the next town to buy liver. They never have it in the store here - I wonder why? I guess real cowboys (this IS a bit of a hick town) don't eat offal. Shame - they don't know what they're missing.


Yesterday afternoon, I finally got the chance to play with my new pink computer and I love it - I don't understand what all the fuss is about Vista. Seems fine to me. I was going to buy a pink mouse to match my computer while we were at Staples the other day. But, Microsoft wants $55 for it so I told Mr. Gates what he could do with his pink mouse! I'll stick to black.


The picture is one I took last summer of the Agapanthus in my front garden. I love it when they all bloom - what a beautiful blue!

1 comment:

Muderma said...

What have I told you Indi ?!!

"Carers need carers" !!

Glad to hear your friends there have told you too ... you know its sensible; Mr Indi needs you to be his loving wife (which I know you are !) not always his chair pusher and pot emptier, at least not all the time. Don't deny others that pleasure !!

My love to you both; still praying !!

XXX