Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sybil's Sunset


Today's picture is one that was sent to me by my friend Sybil the Prophetess. It was one that she took while on her holidays and I think it's lovely. And - I know she won't mind me using it. Love you Syb.


Mr. Indi was very sick (nauseated) yesterday and he stayed in bed for most of the day. These chemo pills that he is on must be really powerful as they are causing him some real discomfort and also adding to the constipation problems! Grr! Just when I thought I had his movements moving in an orderly fashion! Today, I shall make him a booster rocket! 4 Senokot pills and 2 Tbs of MOM. That should get him going - or blow the bed up!


The cardigan is finished! Well, not quite. I haven't had the chance to go to the craft shop yet in order to get the buttons. The cardi is very plain - so I want to make sure that the buttons are a special feature. I shan't get there today as I am going half-way to LA to the English store to get some frozen pies and some lovely sausages. I just fancy a beef and mushroom pie with chips and gravy for dinner tonight. But, as soon as I get the buttons on, I will take a picture of the cardigan before it goes off in the post. Bet you are all waiting with baited breath to see it, too!


I hope that Mr. Indi will be able to come with me today but I think he is now afraid of falling down the back steps (we also have 2 steps down from the front door) and doesn't want to risk it. If he can just make it down those steps, then I can push him in his throne out to the car. I'm so worried that if his legs get any worse, I will not be able to get him out of the house and over to the cancer center for his chemo - then what?


We still hadn't heard a word from the neuro-surgeon re an appointment for a consultation. Remember this was the one that took 3 weeks for the insurance to approve - well it's now another 2 weeks and still nothing! Mr. Indi called their office and they act as though they have never heard of him so he had to recount the entire story to some alien being at the other end of the phone. They will check all the paper work and we should hear back by Friday - if not call them again! Cor struth - One can die waiting for a bloody appointment!


While I was waiting for the dinner to cook last evening (pork chops, roasties, sprouts, apple sauce) I noticed that my yellow rose in the front garden had another lovely bloom on it. I went out with my camera to catch a couple of shots and ran into Candy, one of the teenagers who live next door. She was out in her front garden with a camera, a real nice Nikon, taking pics of her Mom's flowers etc. She told me that the camera was one that the school had loaned her to use for a photography project! Wow, lucky kids. When I went to school they didn't even give you a ruddy pencil to draw a flower!

No comments: