Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Palm in the Sky


Yesterday was a bad day - from start to finish!

Mr. Indi had made his mind up that between the two of us we could change the tail light bulbs on the van. Well, it just wasn't that simple. First of all, he will not admit that his left leg will no longer hold him up. He relies 100% on his walker and, one of these days, he is going to have a horrible fall. It is a terrible struggle for him to get down the 2 back steps out of the house - and if I say anything - I get my head bitten off! I'm getting rather tired of that!


It took me ages to find the right wrench to fit the hex nuts that hold the light assembly in place - more yelling! Then - after I got the nut out - the plastic cover wouldn't come off. Long and short of it! Mr. Indi sat in his transporter chair and used a screwdrive to try and pry the thing off - and he broke it! So, one lamp is changed - the plastic bit is taped together and I have to take the car to the mechanic to get things sorted. Lots of tears! I ain't a bloody mechanic!


My afternoon was spent running around but I left his Lordship at home. I needed a bit of space. First was a visit to Larry's for more refills for more drugs and another expenditure of $40 - that makes over $300 in the past week. Then up to the cancer center to get a doctor to sign a medical exclusion for Mr. Indi who had been called to serve on a jury. Fat chance he can ever do that again. Then it was a stop at the market for a frozen lasagna for dinner and finally a quick visit to Brian's place for a beer and a chat with the girls there and a chance to sit down for 20 minutes.


I don't want too many more yesterdays.


The picture is one I took last week - the palm tree is at the end of my driveway - it's about 80 feet tall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The past is all behind you, . . . so don't slow down or it will all catch up to you

;-)

Gar