Saturday, January 31, 2009

Some Days are Good!


Well, yesterday started off well and got even better as the day went along. How good is that, then?


Nurse Phyllis came in the morning and spent an about an hour filling out the paper work necessary for Mr. Indi's Home Health Care services - including physical therapy, occupational therapy, a social worker and (with a bit of luck) some home help for me! Yea! One of the things that she is going to strongly recommend is a hospital bed. It will make it much easier for his Lordship to sit up while eating and for me to raise and lower the bed to help him on and off his posh potty. I'm not sure about where and how I am going to store the queen size bed where Mr. Indi now resides - I will probably get Jesus to help me stack it in the garage. Nurse Phyllis promised that we should be hearing from all of the people involved with Mr. Indi's care by the middle of next week.


Nurse P made me laugh - she kept remarking on how organized and knowledgeable I am. She was amazed that I have typed up records of Mr. Indi's medications with dosages - Mr. Indi's doctors with phone and fax numbers - Times and dates of Mr. Indi's past and future appts for chemo, blood work, etc. She asked me if I want a job! HaHa! Not bloody likely! What is funny is that if she saw my little corner of the family room that I call my office, she would think a bomb had dropped on it! LOL. It looks like an explosion in a paper factory!


The next great thing that happened was a surprise email from my daughter with a little video clip of my beautiful granddaughter on the evening news giving her views on the environment! I had missed her on the news - even though it was on the channel that I usually watch - must have been making dinner. She looks just as beautiful on the tele as she does in real life.


I picked up the mail from the mailbox and there was a letter from a legal firm - Oh Oh ! What have I done now? But, I was pleasantly surprised to open it and find a check for $64. Wow - how did we deserve that? - it's enough for a few lunches! - Well, a long time ago, we had joined a class-action law suit against a certain credit card firm who had been over charging for the exchange rate on purchases made in Europe between 1997 and 2004. We had been to England on several occasions during that time frame and so we filled in the paper work and forgot all about it! Well, I guess we won the law suit and we are now $64 richer!


Today's picture was taken in 2006 when Mr. Indi and I visited the 17 mile Drive in Pacific Grove/Carmel, California. It is a stunning area of the California coastline and Linda, this picture is for you because I know you love the sea.







No comments: