Monday, January 26, 2009

Keeping Your Wine Safe!


Well, now I've heard it all - Did you know that you can now buy an earthquake-proof wine rack that will keep your tipple safe up to a 7.0 mag earthquake! Well, who'd a thunk it? I must run out and buy one.


Yesterday was a good day for a thorough scrub down. Mr. Indi can no longer stand at the sink and so between the two of us we invented a washbowl holder to strap onto his walker using a square washbowl and some bungee cords. I have a long spraying hose thingy in the sink (designed for rinsing off dishes) and - with his Lordship sitting in his push chair and his head over the bowl - I was able to give him a nice shampoo and set. He then did his upper ablutions and I worked on the feet and legs. The only thing left was the 3 piece suite which I scrubbed up a treat and got rid of the finger marks!


A dab of this and a squeeze of that - some clean clothes and he was ready for anything. Well, almost!


By the afternoon - I had pushed My husband up and down the hallway at least 8 times and, when he wasn't in the push chair he was in the bed - I was getting totally fed up and knackered and so I called my son and asked if they could come over and give me a hand - in exchange for roast pork with roasties and sprouts! Roasties - Roasties - One whiff of roasties and they were on their way. My son would sell his grandmother for some roasties. (* My son would come over even without roasties!)


Mr. Indi spent most of the rest of the day in bed except for getting up to eat dinner - Mr. Indi doesn't eat roasties - how sick is that? Everything was going well until we tried to get his Lordship into the comfy chair and he took a mis-step and fell. Bang! My son is not a big chap and was unable to pick Mr. Indi up - and so I once again ran over to Jesus - who, as luck would have it had just come home from a basketball game. Jesus got his Lordship up into his push chair and from there we got him into the big comfy chair. Jesus is an angel.


D and I were happy that I had bought a new bottle of Baileys and after we had our dessert - Baileys over ice - we got Mr. Indi in bed and my helpers left for home. I was so thankful for the company and the assistance. Peace and quiet reigned until Mr. Indi yelled for me at 2:10 this morning! He had to do big jobs - Yikes! No peace for the wicked!


Today's picture is of the yachts in the harbor at Santa Barbara - ours is the large red one in the center of the photo - honest!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the three piece suite had a good going over, those sticky fingers do make a mess! LOL xxxx Anjo

Muderma said...

Indi and Anjo ! I'm SHOCKED !!





(No I'm not ... just giggling fit to bust !)