Wednesday, December 31, 2008

An Up and Down Day!


Yesterday, some things went right but most everything else went WRONG!


I'll start with the right stuff! I had posted messages on several genealogy sites last springtime, regarding a postcard photo that I had acquired of a lovely baby girl with the name Georgie Anne Hildreth written on the back. The photo was taken around 1890ish (I'm guessing) and was purchased for $1 at an antique store in Montana! Well, yesterday I got a reply from a lady whose grandmother was a half-sister to Georgie Anne. Yeah! So, the sweet little girl will be going home to her family - and she won't be going very far either. The lady lives in California - about 400 miles from me!


I decided to go to the mall and get some new make up as I had been scraping the bottom of the bottle for several days and I really can't go out without my war paint on any more - at 65, I need lots of pollyfiller! Mr. Indi wanted to come too, so - off we went. I had to get him into the transporter chair but he had a terrible time with pain in his backside and hip joint. He couldn't get comfortable and kept wriggling around like a two year old! Grrr. It made it very difficult for me to push him around - imagine a stick woman trying to push a revolving beached whale in a push chair! So, we ended up having a row and left the mall! (I did get my make-up and a nice bottle of smelly though.)


Next we stopped to get something to eat - and I had fish in a tomatillo type of sauce. The waitress tipped the sauce all down my sweater and leg! Ahhhh! The sweater was lime green and the sauce was red! She felt terrible about the accident - but not as terrible as me!


When we got home, the Fed-Ex man showed up with my new laptop. It's booooooootiful! A lovely pink color that is almost the same shade as the cardigan that I am knitting! Mr. Indi had a nap and then started work on setting the computer up. All went well until we came to the part about getting on the internet. Mr. Indi has set up a wireless network in the house so that I can access the internet from any room and even the garden. But, he made it all very safe and secure and it requires a 10 character password to get on the wireless modem. AND, of course, he doesn't remember where the paper is with the password written on it. AND, of course, that is MY fault!


I spent over an hour going through all the files and boxes and every place else I could think of to try and find the blasted password - but no good. So, I don't know what we shall do next.


It's off to chemo at 9:00 a.m. this morning. I hope Mr. Indi will be OK and not have any horrible reactions. When we get back home, I shall, once again, start tearing the house apart looking for the password. And when I've had enough of that, I shall start on the Baileys!


The picture is of a succulent growing in a pot on the back patio. It really liked the rain that we had last week and now has a happy face - can't remember what it's called!

2 comments:

Muderma said...

Sempervivum something-or-other

Thinking of you both ...

X X X

Anonymous said...

Did J perhaps e-mail the password to himself? That's what I do. Or, perhaps, he has a doc with all his passwords and things stored on his computer??

badger