Saturday, December 6, 2008

Deck the Palms!


Yesterday was a day free from doctor visits or any other visits! I didn't even need to go to the store as we had everything we needed for dinner with left overs from the delicious roast chicken and stuffing that I made on Thursday - Ah! Joy


So, Mr. Indi got up feeling quite good and made his way into the kitchen to fix a bowl of cereal and while standing next to the counter, he lost his footing and fell! BANG! Down he went like a ton of bricks with his walker underneath his legs. Scared me half to death! He was able to pull himself upright and the only damage that we could find was a nasty cut on his elbow. What a big oaf! Grrrr! I warned him not to do that again or I'd give him what for!


After doing a bit of scrubbing and cleaning, I decided that I was worthy of a much better life, so put away the dusters and brooms and off we went to a local shopping center to see what they were giving away! Well, we didn't find much although Mr. Indi did come across a nice pair of slippers with good rubber soles that he can wear outdoors and I found something I have been looking for for ages; a pair of really cute gloves with no ends on the fingers. I have a hard time driving in gloves but I think the ones with no fingers will be perfect for when we get that cold weather - OK-OK, I know - I'm a big titty-baby because it doesn't get cold in California. Ma used to knit those fingertip-free gloves for all of her sons in law - wish I had her pattern.


I took today's picture while at the shopping center. It's strange to see men decorating the palm trees with Christmas lights!


Here are a few more things that you don't know about Mr. Indi:

41) I met him at work - I was his boss! (Still am!)

42) He is 7 years younger than me! My toy boy!

43) He dislikes men who wear jewelry and only started wearing a watch about a year ago

44) The favorite part of his job is problem solving

45) He is a Taurus

46) His favorite way to relax is to read - he usually has 2-3 books on the go

47) One side of his father's ancestors came from England in 1719; the other side from Alsace in 1870

48) His mother's ancestors are from Dorset and Shropshire, England

49) He wants to visit New Zealand

50) He is afraid of heights


Note to Daria - How on earth did you get to 100 things? It's been hard to get to 50!

No comments: