Thursday, December 25, 2008

He's Been!


Well, here we are again - another Christmas Day but this one will be a little different. I am not cooking Christmas dinner, which is kind of sad, but there again, it will give me a rest from what is usually a very hectic day in the kitchen. Instead, we shall be going to dinner at the home of my daughter-in-laws parents. My contribution will be the "World Famous Indi's Green Bean and Onion Ring Casserole." The same one that everyone in California makes! Hmmmm! I wonder how they know MY recipe?


We didn't go very far yesterday - the traffic was horrendous. We just had to stop at the gigantic liquor store and get some non-alcoholic beer for Mr. Indi and a bottle of good port (as opposed to that bad port!) to take to our hosts. I could spend days in that store just looking at all of the stuff in there - most of it I've never heard of! Who would pay $350 for a bottle of tequila? I bet it makes good margaritas.


The horrible rain storm with 1 to 3 inches of rain per hour that had been forecast, failed to appear - do weather people make stuff up? But, I'm glad as I hate driving in the rain.


My son and his wife will be here this morning to exchange gifts. I shall light the fire and we shall have salami and cheese and a box of chocolates and latte and chocolate cookies and maybe a Baileys for breakfast! Well, brunch really! And - I shall try out my new camera - if I can figure out how to work it - it's a bit complicated! - and will get more complicated if I start on the Baileys!


I managed to get a picture of Jolly Old Santa going down the chimney at the Mission Inn.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Love from Me and Him




No comments: