Friday, December 12, 2008

Sunrise - December 11


So, I went out to get the newspaper from the end of the driveway and as I turned back towards the house I saw this beautiful sunrise. I ran back and got my camera and I'm sure the neighbors must think I'm barmy taking pictures at 5:45 a.m. but I think It's lovely.


Yesterday was a silly day! I got the giggles and laughed most of the day. Mr. Indi wasn't feeling too bad but got sick of my giggling and said that if I didn't shurrup he was going to get me a new broomstick! And it wouldn't be to fly on! Wonder what he meant?


It all started when I came in from my early morning photography. I remarked that it was a bit parky outside - only 32F (0C) and there was frost on the cars. He responded that it will be nice to get a bit of cool, wintry weather. I had just seen the early morning weather report and said, " Don't worry, next week they are forecasting coal down to 2000 feet." Coal? I guess my brain got in a bit of a jumble and I couldn't decide whether to say snow or cold - so my mouth said COAL!


Well, I started laughing and couldn't stop. I could see the headlines - Road closed due to Nutty Slack on the Highway - Anthracite drifts 5 feet high close mountain pass - Huge pile up on Highway 18 as cars run into pile of Baddesley Best! I suppose it's only funny if you are a coal merchant's daughter - but the visions provided me with hours of entertainment! It got on Mr. Indi's nerves after about 30 minutes! Hehehe!


As we had no appointments, we had a slow and easy morning and took a trip to the party shop to get some supplies for our Saturday do! Mr. Indi - who would not wear a funny hat if his life depended on it - went straight to the funny hat section and picked one out for me - I'm going to be an elf. He also found me a necklace of battery operated twinkly Christmas lights - how kind of him! I shall look like a right wally when perfect strangers show up at the door on Saturday! Ah Well! It's all in the spirit of Christmas. While Mr. Indi was being a big kid, I did the serious shopping for paper plates, plastic knives and forks, and napkins decorated with Christmas trees. You don't think I'm washing up on Saturday, do you? That's why the council gives us large rubbish bins!


Today we are going to BEVMO - the biggest liquor store (off license in the UK) that you have ever seen. I need to get a bit of gin, a tad of bourbon, a dribble of rum and some brandy. I will also get a half a dozen bottles of vino. That should keep 'em happy for a while. This afternoon, I will be slaving over a hot stove making about 5 dozen sausage rolls - plus a few extra for us. I might have to start a quality control sample of the wine as I'm cooking! One must be certain that the guests will be satisfied with my choices of reds, whites and zins! It's my hostly duty.


Thank you to yor for the suggestion of grapes as a desert item. I'm not sure if I will have time to do the chocolate dip but I have a lovely red platter that will look great piled with green and red grapes - Yum!


If anyone needs the address to come to the party - please send me an email. I will send you a google map! After you have convinced me that you are not some wierdo looking for free sausage rolls!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You nutter!

Wish I could make it up there; would love to party with you two.

Take care and have a wonderful party!

xoxo S.

mainey said...

Oh, Indi!!! What a beautiful pic. When we got up this morning, all we saw was 1 1/1 inches of ice!

Luv Ya Gal!
mainey