Friday, December 26, 2008

Beer, Glorious Beer!


It's gone - it's finished - it's over. Now, we can have a nice laid back day munching on leftovers and playing with our toys! Perfect! One of the lovely gifts that we received was the book, Beers of the World. It was given to us by Mr. Indi's sister and her hubby who obviously know us too well! Actually, I was having a little look through it and it is very interesting - there is a beer listed that is made from fermented bananas! Hmmmm! Probably quite good if one is constipated!


We had a nice visit with son and daughter in law who gave us smashing presents and we munched on lots of goodies and had a little Bailey's before it was time for them to move on to D's Mom's house so that they could help with the dinner. Mr. Indi went down for a nap and I also had a little rest.


We left the house at about 3:00 pm and Wow! It was cold - really cold and squally showers and quite an ugly day to be on the road. But, off I went and decided to avoid the freeway and take the back roads. I had gone 7-8 miles when Mr. Indi asked me where I was going! Stupid question - I was going to son's house. Ahhhhh! The dinner was at daughter in laws parent's house - 10 miles in the opposite direction! Duh! That's it - I've gone senile! Stupid old woman! I finally arrived at Rose and Bill's place - half an hour late - and feeling like a dufus! Dinner was just being set on the table - boy - we just made it in time!


We had a lovely time - good food and lots to drink. I started with a glass of beer - then had a glass of white zinfandel followed by a nice rose - then Bill introduced me to German after-dinner drink called Marzipan Dream by Sebastiani. I am a marzipan freak and could have drunk the entire bottle but as it is 17% alcohol, I was a good girl and only had one glass - DELISH. We ended up sitting around a beautiful table eating chocolates and drinking port! Poor old Mr. Indi was feeling nauseated (probably from watching us!) and stuck to one glass of non-alcoholic beer and several glasses of water. Poor chap!


We arrived home at about 7:00 pm - Me with a bottle of Marzipan Dream under my arm and Him wanting nothing more than to crawl into bed. We are both glad that it's over. I just hope that they will have stopped playing that annoying Christmas music in the shops - if I hear "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" one more time - I shall go on a rampage!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good time sis, now where are the pics of mr indi's models,
my best as always
wayne