Tuesday, December 16, 2008

OK - That's Enough! Sun Please!


Boy, did it rain? It came down in buckets and when I went to the grocery store, the bridge across the river was flooded and water was flying everywhere. We stopped in at Applebees for lunch and they had just recovered from a 2 hour power outage - an electrical transformer had flooded, shorted out and gone Kaboom! I kept my fingers crossed all day that we wouldn't have a similar experience. But, the rain finally stopped at about 4:00 p.m, although it was still mighty cold - (for us!) I lit the fire and made a nice roast chicken dinner so we were snug as a bug in a rug!


Mr. Indi had an OK day. He had been taking Decadron - a rather nasty cortisone-steroid type of drug - while he was on radiation. I think they prescribed it to help with any pain and/or discomfort that he might suffer from the radiation. He now has to be weaned off it and while it has many side affects, he seems to be suffering from the sleeplessness and mood swings more than anything else. So, last night after about 4 hours of tossing and turning he finally called me and asked for a Benadryl. I'm not sure why the anti-allergy medicine helps him sleep - but it does. The doctor has already said that it is OK to take a Benadryl before bedtime so I will continue to give him one for the next few days until the Decadron wears off. Just call me Nurse Ratched!


Today, we have to go down to Lord Nelson's office to pick up some paper work (whatever that means!) that will give us information re: the authorization for Mr. Indi to see the neuro-surgeon chap. Talk about a bloody performance. The only information that we could get over the phone was that the request is in the system! Sounds like a cop-out - but we shall see.


We also went to the camera shop and I got the camera that I want for Christmas. I'm very tempted to try it out - but must wait until Santa has been before I can start playing. It was a great deal as I got an extra lens plus 3 filters and a camera case all included in the sale price! Watch for better pictures after December 25.


Today's picture is one I took a couple of weeks ago. It's a humongous band saw - maybe 25 - 30 feet high, that stands outside of a large lumber plant opposite Brian's Pizza joint. I have been seeing it for years and years and finally snapped it! I imagine it came from an old saw mill and must have been used for sawing trees. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I think it's a great old piece of machinery.


1 comment:

Daria said...

Pam,

I feel for John and the Decadron. I take about 12 pills every chemo cycle and it is awful ... as you said ... mood swings and disruptive sleep.

When I'm done with the Decadron and need to transition to normal sleeps from those awful sleeps, I take Ativan for a couple of nights and that seems to work for me .... but I'll ask my oncologist about the Benadryl too.

Stay dry,
Daria