Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Indi 1 - Medical Insurance 0


We won - we won! We met with Admiral Lord Nelson and he was very sympathetic to Mr. Indi's plight and, even though he doesn't think that a neuro surgeon will be able to do much because the cancer has invaded all of the bones in Mr. Indi's spine, he has given the OK for us to see a neuro surgeon in the hopes that said surgeon can help relieve Mr. Indi's pain. We should hear about an appointment time and date by the end of this week!


After the doctor visit, we went to one of the local mega drug stores that sell everything except the kitchen sink and got a laptop table for his Lordship. It was advertised for $24.99 and we got it for $14.99 - hell of a deal. It's real handy for him as he is doing lots of work from home. We also found some battery operated Christmas twinkly lights for Mr. Indi to put on his walker! HA! People will think we are quite mad - and, of course, they would be correct! We also looked for some replacements for his walking balls as they are almost worn out from dragging them along the floor! What are you laughing at? Anyway, they didn't have the right size - too small - so will have to look elsewhere. I also bought the really hokey Christmas poinsettia sprayed with sparkles that you see in today's picture. Who says I don't like Christmas!


Today I have to take Mr. Indi's junky old Pontiac down to the mechanic who is going to take it to the Smog Check Station for me - what a nice chap. He will bring me home and pick me up later today or tomorrow. Saves me sitting and waiting for a couple of hours - especially as the wind is back Grrrrr! and blowing at 60 mph this morning.


I still don't have the cards to England in the post. I promise that I will do them today - maybe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you won the insurance battle, well done. Good news.
Sorry I've not got hold of you been working full time the past 2 days.! Knackered. Got Stella and Gareth coming for dinner tomorrow night. Will call again soon. Anjo xxxx

Muderma said...

Well done re thre insurance ... what do you pay it for if they say you cant use it ?! Huh !!

PLEASE post a picture of Himself and the walker with lights ... the one on the other site is too small to see the details !

I'm aiming to call you Thursday ... we'll see ...

XX Granny