Saturday, December 27, 2008

Brrrrrr!


Yesterday was a really cold day - and that causes a lot of consternation in this household. Mr. Indi is always warm and because he takes large doses of female hormones (to block the manufacture of testosterone) he has awful hot spells where the sweat rolls out of him - even on a day like yesterday. I, on the other hand, feel the cold and my hands are always like ice. I turn up the central heating to 70F and I light the fire in the living room - and that's when the fighting starts - sigh! I feel so bad for Him but I can't stand being cold - what to do?


Luckily, we didn't need to go far at all and we just popped down to the store to get milk and bread and then to the Italian joint for lunch. There was lots of traffic around as people went out looking for bargains. I'm going to wait for a few days before checking out a flat screen telly for the family room - I hear they are almost giving them away.


Mr. Indi learned - via an email from work - that he and his crew have been given an award of merit for the outstanding engineering work that they have done in the past year. No money involved but he can choose a gift from the award catalogue! PLEASE - no more clocks or GPS devices! I had to laugh - my husband really is a very clever engineer - but he can't figure out how to fly the miniature helicopter that Santa gave him and has almost decapitated me twice and I am expecting the dining room light to end up shattered into bits before much longer!


I spent the afternoon putting my new camera together and getting it fired up - what a palaver! One needs an advanced PhD degree in cameraology in order to get it to take a blinding picture! I'm sure it will be fabulous once I get the hang of it - should I live long enough!


Mr. Indi's back is not getting any better and I don't believe that the radiation did him any good. He was in lots of pain yesterday and spent most of the afternoon in bed. He can't sit for long periods and he can only stand for a few minutes at a time - so he is most comfortable in bed with a book. The morphine is now making him nauseated and so roll on the New Year when, hopefully, we can see a doctor who can help with the pain and make him a little more comfortable.


Today's picture is one I took yesterday morning - with the old camera. It's a shot of snow covered Mt. Baldy that I took from behind our local grocery store. Pity that the clouds got in the way - but you can see that there is plenty of snow up there. I heard that there was a traffic jam 20 miles long with people trying to get up to the ski areas - Must need something to do!


No comments: