Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Here We Go Again!


Yesterday, Mr. Indi got the OK from the insurance company to start on his new chemo regimen. He will have his first infusion tomorrow - New Years Eve! - at 9:00a.m. He talked to Tracy, one of the chemo nurses, and she said he should be through with his IV in little over an hour - so I suppose that's not too bad. At least compared to the last lot that used to take 6-7 hours! The drug, Cytoxan, is usually given for breast cancer but can be used for other cancers - at the oncologist's discretion. He will also start on the chemo pills - VP16 (Etoposide) tomorrow. Larry has ordered them and they should be ready for me to pick up this afternoon.


So, that has buggered up our New Years Eve. We were going to go out dancing and drinking and staying up till 4 in the morning - NOT! Hehehe! We shall be doing what old farts usually do on NYE. Staying off the road away from all the crazies - having some warm milk and going to bed at 8:00p.m.! Well, I might be tempted to have a glass or three of that wonderful Marzipan Dream.


His Lordship is feeling much better in the queasy department and so we will go out and have a really nice lunch today and that will be our NYE celebration - maybe some good Mexican or yummy Indian. I'll see what he fancies. I don't mind the drive as long as he enjoys his food.


My new laptop is scheduled to be delivered today! Yeah! Mr. Indi is real excited as he is the one that wants to set it all up and play with it! That's OK - I shall be knitting the last bits of the dreaded cardigan. I am sick of the sight of it and if I don't finish it within the next few days it will end up in the rubbish! Grrrrr. I do this all the time - run out of patience on the last lap of a project. Stay cool Mrs. I - stay cool!


I took the picture above yesterday afternoon - with the new fangled - much too complicated - beyond me - camera. It's a little rose growing in the front garden. I played around with the image in Paint Shop Pro. I like the result.


3 comments:

Daria said...

It is always a relief when the insurance comes through ... and I'm excited about the new laptop too.

With warmest thoughts and wishes for the new year,

Daria

Hilary said...

Lovely rendered photo and a nice blog you have here. I am so sorry for the trouble that your husband and you are enduring. I hope that all turns out the best it can for him. I'll be sending my best thoughts your way.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.. much appreciated. :)

lexi said...

Indi just in case we don't meet up later today/tonight, I want to wish you and mr. indi all the best for the New Year!

xoxoxox
Lexi