Monday, December 22, 2008

Slipping off the Runway!


Yesterday was a slow and easy kind of a day although it had to be that way because Mr. Indi was not feeling up to par and had to spend more time than usual resting on the bed. He had had an unfortunate experience in the middle of the night when (in the dark) he went to sit on the toilet and came up short of the runway by about 6 inches and slid down the side of the loo and onto the floor. He managed to push his walker out of the way and hang on to the sides of the loo and pull himself up! I bet that's the first time he's ever done that - sober! I slept through the whole performance.


We went to the grocery store just before lunch and I made my rounds of the veg, milk and bakery departments while he left a trail of destruction behind him driving one of those electric carts for the disabled. He knocked over at least 3 displays in the aisles and backed into a woman with two small children, who, according to his Lordship, should watch where they are walking! And, while I was buying the essentials needed for life itself - he was buying himself a miniature helicopter to fly around the living room! Well, we each have our own priorities!


In the afternoon, we watched the movie High Anxiety. It is donkey's years old but still as funny and clever as before. It's a spoof on all the Alfred Hitchcock thrillers, including Vertigo, The Birds, North by Northwest and others. The shower scene from Psycho is hysterical! What a good laugh we had.


This afternoon, Mr. Indi has an appointment with Dr. J. He will learn the results of his last round of blood tests and whether or not it is worth trying another regimen of chemo. We know that the last combo of Taxotere and Cisplatin was no longer effective and his PSA numbers were climbing again. It will be interesting to see what Dr. J recommends next - maybe nothing!


Rain is on the way - Yahooooo! and I have chopped enough wood and bought in enough logs to last us for a few days. We should be snug. All of my Christmas shopping is done - that's because I haven't done any! I have sent out money. I think that people always like money and if not - Sigh! And - I have enough food in the freezer to feed anyone and everyone who might stop by.


After I posted my blog yesterday and included greetings to my addressless friends - I remembered 2 more very special people. Dear Lexi - Love you babe, have a wonderful Christmas - stay warm! And, Dear Brenda, May the New Year bring you lots of good things, I'm thinking of you. xxxx


Today's picture is another one from the Mission Inn - he is about 4 feet high and kinda looks like Mr. Indi!

8 comments:

Muderma said...

Sheesh !
Come on IPA ... don't mess around buying a helicopter ... just buy a new light bulb for the bathroom !
And then teach himself how to press the switch ... !!!!!!!

(Seriously, I hope his little butt isnt too bruised ... give it a teeny weeny kiss from me !)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
NZ is racing towards Christmas at a rapid rate - the next blog I read will be on NZ's Christmas Eve - and I can imagine due to my total of organization and the ability to be sidetracked at the drop of a hat I will be charging around like the proverbial fly, doing 10,000 last minute things that could have been completed a week ago. So be it, why change the habit of a life time.

So with that in mind, I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and may the New Year see you happy, still full of your wonderful sense of humour and infectious optimisim.

I do hope you received the "not so good" photo of the NZ Christmas tree - the Pohutukawa, a little bit of NZ for Mr Indi. I always make sure we have a bloom to gaze upon Christmas Day.

So have a wonderful Christmas, enjoy being smug and warm whilst we no doubt will be very hot and sticky!

Kindest regards,
Yor

lexi said...

Indi my friend, what an amazing lady you are and a true inspiration to us all. My personal best to mr. indi and of course you during this holiday season! My wish would be to be your neighbor so I could lend ya a helping hand. Can you imagine us both tiny woman trying to push mr. indi around the parking lots, etc. :-) and then him getting upset with us, because we're stopping at yet another pub? lmao

Merry Christmas!!!

xoxo
Lexi

ipa said...

Hi Granny,
NO - I will not kiss his bum! Not even a teeny weeny kiss! Hehehehe!

By the way, he has been trying to fly the toy helicopter around the living room and it almost flew into the fire and up the chimney! I saved it just in time!

What wife would do that?
Don't answer!

ipa said...

Hi Yor,
Thank you for your kind wishes xxxx

I did get your pic of the New Zealand Christmas tree - I have posted a pic I found on google on the blog today. I wish I knew how to pronounce Pohutukawa. I think those Maori words are wonderful and the tree is just beautiful.

Don't work too hard and DO have a wonderful Christmas

Best wishes
Me and Him xxxx

ipa said...

Dear Lexi,

Are you snowed in ? - if not get your butt over here and yes - we can push Mr. Indi around from pub to pub - He won't mind - in fact he's developing quite a taste for St, Pauli Girl NA. It's not bad. And he still likes to look at the pretty waitresses - there's life in the old dog yet!
Love
Indi
xxxxxxxxx

Muderma said...

But IPA ... it wouldn't be YOU giving his little butt a kiss, it would be me, but by proxy !

Your Christmas card arrived today ... thank you; I loved the personalised snow-people ...

XX Granny !

Anonymous said...

Easy Indi,

Poe - hoot - a - car - wah, just a speed it up a bit when u say it. Lol.

Raining here today which is good wonderful for our water tanks but hopeless for my sanity as trapped inside with a 6 year old child who can hardly contain her excitement and has gone from motormouth to power motormouth, her joy and anticipation is infectious and reminiscent of Christmas's many many years ago for me and the lovely grumpy old "b" I share my life with.

So with that I parcel up some of the 6 year olds amazement and wonder and attach it to the bottom of this.

Wishing you joy and laughter.

Yor