Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm Ready For Another Day!


Sorry about that moan - had a long day and was tired. I took the car down to the mechanic and he will have it ready for me sometime today. It will have to wait until this afternoon before I can pick it up as I have to take his Lordship to the lab for blood tests at 8a.m and the to the chemo center for Aredia at 9 a.m. I will stay at the chemo center this time as it will give me an hour and a half in which I can sit still and write some Christmas cards! AND , yes! The cards to England are in the mail! I did manage to get to the Post Office yesterday.

Yesterday, the wind was terrible and my poor potted plants are looking very sad - I hope it will die down today so that I can get out there and give them a drink.

I did plenty of driving around in the wind - hither and yon - looking for this and that. We found Mr. Indi a new set of balls for his walker. We also found the little wreath that you can see on the front of his walker. The bag on the front of the walker is his male handbag/mail bag/saddlebag/whatever you call it bag. He also has a water jug holder strapped to the side of the walker and NOW the christmas lights! What a spectacle, ain't it? The lights are really pretty but only the green ones are showing up in the photo - must be too much light coming in through the window. I'll try and get a better picture when we don't have sun - fat chance!

Mr. Indi's legs and back don't seem to be getting any better - at least to me - but he keeps talking about going back to work - I just can't see it happening but don't want to stop his positive thoughts - but I think that this is part of my frustration.

OK -one of the things on my TTD list today is to make a list of food for the party on Saturday. I already have minature meat balls in chili sauce, home made sausage rolls, lots of cheeses and salami and 3 different types of cheese biscuits - but I need something sweet - I suppose it will be Christmas cookies from the bakery (I don't have time to make them) Any other suggestions?

Off down the mine!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am new to your blog - and your calmness, compassion, strength and sense of humour touches my heart - I will read everyday and know that it will effect the way I think and act postively. Thank you

Just a thought for sweets - I have no idea what fruit is available but strawberries dunked in white or brown chocolate and allowed to set are very festive, easy and look the part, not to mention delish - especially if a bit of alchol is added to the brew.

Yor

Daria said...

What a nice picture ...

It sounds like you have been quite busy ... please remember to take care of yourself.

Warm wishes,
Daria

ipa said...

Dear Yor,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. Actually, my reasons for writing a blog are purely selfish. I find that if I get things down on paper then I'm not carrying them around in a sack on my back! I also believe that there is a funny side to life and we should take advantage of it. And, in case you didn't notice - I LOVE to write!
Thanks for the ideas re: strawberries - we don't get them much at this time of the year but will look into doing a chocolate fondue with maybe melon balls or apple slices. What do you think?
cheers
IPA

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Don't think apple will work due to it's tendency to discolour - have u thought abt using grapes? Take small bunches dip them in choc and allow to dry on baking paper, then serve on a platter with little bunches of undipped red and green grapes - that would look very pretty and festive. Unfortunately I don't know yr seasonal fruit being in NZ but for ease I wld certainly stay away from anything that has an inconsiderate habit of going brown. Seperate the dipped grapes as best u can before chilling, this could easily be made the day before. Have an awesome party.

Yor