Friday, December 19, 2008

A Beautiful Bear!


Yesterday, when we got back from shopping, the postman had been and left me a lovely card from New Zealand - and inside the card was this beautiful little bear, who was handmade by my friend, Maryanne. The little bear is hand knitted and less that 3/4" tall - an amazing piece of work. What a treasure he is and I promise he will be well loved!


Yesterday was sooooooo cold - it never got above 48F (9C) I know that all of my friends in Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton will think I am a big whinging baby - and, of course, they would be correct! But, I really don't have much in the way of cold weather clothes - Mr. Indi and I stay away from the mountains and our wardrobes don't include ski jackets or other such snow clobber and I can usually manage with a sweater or two but with that cold wind coming down from Canada, I was freezing my patooty off! Remember that I had bought a pair of fingerless gloves? Well, they have been working out super for driving but because they are white (daft choice) they are now grey! So - off we went in search of more fingerless gloves.


Our first stop was the Macy's store at the mall, where I pushed Mr. Indi around in the transport chair and managed to maneuver the entire first floor without hitting any shoppers, clothing displays or glass show cases. I am getting very good at this! I should be able to get a license within another week or two! They had some very good deals and I got a couple of $69 sweaters for $22. I also got a fabulous tie-dye doper weirdo shirt with a huge multi colored peace sign on the front of it! Mr. Indi says that the pills are making me too weird! Anyway - no luck with the gloves so after I shoved him and his blinkin chair back in the car, it was off another 15 miles to the shop where I got the first pair - and Viola! They had several to choose from so I got a pair of brown - a bit more sensible, I'd say!


We arrived back home, expecting to find a phone message from the doctor's office re: the approval for the neuro-surgeon. But, of course, there was nothing! Pffft! How silly of us to expect people to keep their word! Mr. Indi waited until about 3:30 p.m. and called the office and asked for the status of this ongoing saga. Daisy, the lady who is working on the case, assured us that it has all been sorted out and that Mr. Indi can call the neuro-surgeon's office today and set up an appointment to see him! She also said that if there is any problem - just call her back! Ha! If it's all been sorted - then there won't be a problem - right??? We shall see.


This morning it is 30F (-1C) outside and so I can probably kiss my hibiscus and bougainvillea goodbye. They don't do frost - and for that matter - neither do I! I will try to get some snow pictures today.

1 comment:

Muderma said...

I LOVE that tiny Teddy ! Would your friend share the pattern, so I can pass it on to my daughter who knits tiny dolls about 3 or 4 inches tall ... a 3/4 inch teddy would be right for them to have as their Teddy !!

Stay warm ... its worse in Toronto !

XX