Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Joy - at the Post Office!


Yesterday was another day when Mr. Indi was exhausted after his radiation. He just wanted to go to bed but after I reminded him that I was taking him to brekkies, he perked up a little bit. I had French Toast with lots of powdered sugar and maple syrup (good energy food - about 6 gazillion calories per) and he had sausage, eggs and hash brown potatoes with that disgusting American concoction, biscuits and gravy (Yuck!) I will say, they make a darn good cup of coffee and we both left there as stuffed as a tick (as Ma would say!)


I took his Lordship home and put him to bed so that he could rest while I did a few bits and bobs - more bobs than bits - but, what the hey? I made the mistake of going down to the post office to get Christmas stamps so that I could mail the invitations to our Dec 13 get-together. Somebody has forgotten to tell the Postmaster that it is the Christmas season - there was ONE person working the counter. One person for a town with a population of 25,000 - 24,000 of whom where in the queue for Christmas stamps! GRRRRRRR!!!! Took me half an hour!


After Mr. Indi had a good rest, he wanted to go and look around the electronics stores for laptops and other whiz bang gadgets - so off we went with the big push chair. I had never realized before but in some of these shops it is almost impossible to get down the aisles with a wheelchair - I started getting annoyed and mowing down the stupid displays of marking pens and adhesive tape that they place in the middle of the aisle - serves them right! I left a trail of devastation behind us and didn't buy anything! But - I did see a nice little Toshiba laptop on special for $495. I might have to consider it as one of my gifts.


Today, after radiation, we meet with Dr. J - the medical oncologist to find out what the heck is going on. Mr Indi got a letter of denial from our insurance. Dr. J had requested a consultation with a neuro-surgeon to evaluate the spinal tumor but for some reason the requested has been turned down. What will happen next?


Today's picture is one that I took in San Diego in October. It's kind of a tatty old flower cart - but cute in a tatty sort of way!


2 comments:

Daria said...

You'd think that if you are dealing with cancer ... you shouldn't have to deal with those 'bleeping' insurance companies. As if there isn't enough to worry about.

Let John know we're thinking about him up here in Canada.

Daria

Anonymous said...

Hi love, will call you later to see how things are, thinking of you. Love Anjo xxx