Monday, November 17, 2008

Tinkle - Tinkle!


On Saturday, we bought Mr. Indi a walking frame. He is so unsteady on his legs and is getting even more nervous of falling down. We found a really nice frame that will hold up to 300lbs - so if he feels the need to lean on it - he can without fear of the whole thing collapsing. It's a lovely metallic blue and I already have some ideas for personalizing it - hmmm - racing stripes, tassels, a few decals - the options are endless!


The wild fires are now somewhat under control and the wind has died down - although still breezy. The air quality is awful and I have a hard time going outside as it starts my throat going in spasms. The heat is still with us - twas 95 degrees yesterday - but a sea breeze is forecast for the end of the week - can't come soon enough for me!


Today is Aredia day and I will take his Lordship to the clinic at 9:00 a.m. While I'm there, I'm going to get the forms to fill in to apply for a handicapped parking placard. It is just too difficult for him to walk more than about 50 feet without resting - and if fat people can get a placard and park directly in the front of the shops because they're too lazy to walk more than 10 feet - why shouldn't Mr. Indi.


We might go back to the Indian joint today - after Aredia - Mr. Indi fancies a bit of goat. He told me he's tired of the old goat that he married and would like to try some of that new stuff again! Cheeky!


I found another huge pile of Christmas cards! I used to save them so that my granddaughter could cut out the pictures and make collages on coloured paper - would keep her amused for hours. Anyway, I found a card with a photo in it of a family - none of whom I have spoken to in ages. I put the photo on the coffee table to be filed away and 15 minutes the phone rang - and it was the Mom of the family in the photo! How weird is that - am I psychic? or just plain barmy?


The picture is of a little waterfall at one of our local shopping centers - a nice place to rest for a while on a hot day - although the sound of the tinkling water always brings on a tinkle!

No comments: