Monday, November 3, 2008

She Sells Seashells......


Yesterday, the clocks went back. I got up as usual at the crack of dawn. The clock said 4:25 a.m. but as we hadn't reset the clock it was actually 3:25 a.m. Hmmmm! No wonder it was so quiet! I didn't hear a sound coming from his Lordship's room and was happy that he seemed to be getting some sleep.


So, at that time in the morning, what is a girl to do? Well, I did what any true blue knitter would do - I worked on my latest project - a lovely pink cardigan for my granddaughter. The yarn is a beautiful color called "seashell" and it has that pretty iridescence that you see on some seashells. I passed a peaceful couple of hours knitting until I heard the ghoulish tap -tap - tap coming down the hallway and I knew it was time to make him a cup of tea!


Our day was fairly quiet but I did take the rental car out for a drive down to Temecula for lunch. It's a nice little car with plenty of zip and even though I was averaging 80 mph, there were idiots passing me at 100. Must be bloody barmy! We had a nice lunch although Mr. Indi seems to have lost his appetite (probably due to the drugs) and he only wanted tortilla soup. We were back home at about 2p.m and Mr. Indi spent most of the afternoon in bed resting his back.


Today he has blood tests and I'll drive him down to the clinic at 8 a.m. He will be working from home for the rest of the day and I hope to get a bit of gardening done in this lovely cool weather ...70F today!


Today's picture is one I took last Juneish of the pier at San Clemente - as taken from behind a plastic barrier - hence the ghosts!

No comments: