Sunday, November 2, 2008

And the Beat Goes On.......


On a scale of crapability, we are now up to a 9!


Mr. Indi - being the great guy that he is - went to the store early yesterday morning to get milk that I needed to make a bowl of cereal because I can't take my meds on an empty stomach. And, even though he is hobbling about with his walking stick, he didn't mind a little trip to the market. He came back in the house and told me to look out of the kitchen window at the car that was parked in the driveway. YIKES! There was steam pouring out from under the hood! I HATE CARS!


The next few hours were spent calling the Auto Club - waiting for a tow - following the tow truck to the mechanic - driving to the rental car agency in Mr. Indi's heap of junk - Oh, err, I mean lovely Pontiac - waiting for a car and finally arriving back home at 11 a.m.


It will take at least until Tuesday to fix my car - blown radiator - and so I shall be driving a Mazda 6 for a few days. It's actually quite a nice car and a pretty color - greyish purplish silver - like an old ladies hair color!


We waited all day for some rain but we had nary a drip even though it seemed to be raining all around the area. Still, I'm not complaining because at least it is cooler and the clouds have blocked out that horrible big orange shiny ball thing in the sky.


Mr. Indi is still tweaking his meds schedule. He is having to take more Vicodin than before; one every 3 hours in conjunction with the morphine every twelve hours. I'm watching him closely to be sure he doesn't start zoning out on me. I shall be glad when we can discuss this drug situation with Dr. J.


I don't know what the purple flowers are. They were growing in the park in Redlands.

No comments: