Friday, November 14, 2008

By The Light....


Oh No!, I woke up this morning - 4:00 a.m. - to a howling wind. Those devil Santa Anas are here. At 4:30, I put on the early news to find there has been a terrible wild fire in Montecito - a rather lovely area of Santa Barbara. At least 100 homes are burned to the ground but thank goodness nobody has been killed. We shall all be on alert today for any sign of fire.


Yesterday, there was a massive earthquake drill throughout Southern California - The Great Southern California ShakeOut. A major earthquake was simulated and the announcement of it came over the radio as I was in the bedroom getting ready to go shopping. It was very realistic and very well done - AND - made me think about all kinds of earthquake related things. I must get the book cases bolted to the wall so they don't topple over and bean somebody. I must buy a good supply of batteries for flash lights and radios. I must recheck my earthquake food supply - canned goods - dry cereal - powdered milk -granola bars etc. I asked Mr. Indi what he thought I should buy to stock up the food supply - his answer - POTATO CHIPS! He says that when the "Big One" hits, he will sit in a corner and eat potato chips (crisps) and wait to be rescued!

Mr. Indi's knee is badly bruised from where he fell when trying to tie the fence to the tree. He had a lot of trouble walking yesterday and had to resort to 2 walking sticks - his own super-duper streamlined racing model with dual dipsticks - AND - my old cane with the wobbly ducks head and a flat tire! Still, he managed to come to the grocery store with me and pick out some cookies, anti-flatulence pills, stool softeners and bran cereal! The necessities of life!


We are still waiting for the OK for the MRI - hopefully today!


I took the picture of the full moon at about 5:30 yesterday morning. I don't have a camera that is powerful enough to show the little green men! - or is that Mars?

No comments: