Wednesday, November 12, 2008

And The Yellow God Forever Gazes Down!




The other day, when me and him were having lunch at Chili's, we were watching a darts match that was playing on one of their many tellys. We looked at each other and said, "Let's play darts!" Well, easier said than done! We do have a dartboard on the wall in the garage, HOWEVER, one would have to stand back about 50 feet to throw a dart at it because of all the woodworking clobber - saws, routers, lathes, etc, that he has amassed in his so-called workshop - i.e.garage! So, we have been doing a bit of re-arranging - and - for two hobbled old folks it's not easy! Me with my arthritis and he with his wibbly wobbly legs and bad back - it's like a Laurel and Hardy movie! But, give us a few more days and we should be able to have a game of 301 - that's if we have any strength left!

Yesterday, I had to make a run over to the English shop to get a few odds and ends - including some real nice Irish sausages - yum. While over in that neck of the woods - about 20 miles from here - we decided to try a new Indian restaurant that I had seen a few weeks ago. The food was wonderful. They had a lunch buffet and his Lordship had to try everything, including the goat curry. I enjoyed the Chicken Tika Masala and the Dahl but the best part was the Garlic Naan - the best I've ever had.

The chap who waited on us spoke very little English and me and Mr. Indi got into a discussion as to where he might be from. We both agreed that he wasn't Indian but he was from that part of the world. I guessed Sri Lanka but his Lordship was certain that he was Nepalese. "Oh, don't be daft." I said - or words to that effect. "You wouldn't know a Nepalese if one bit you in the bum." So, when lunch was over, I politely asked the nice waiter where he hailed from -------NEPAL! Arggg! I hate it when I'm wrong! It seems the lovely chap was from just outside of Kathmandu near Base Camp 25. Isn't the world an amazing place? A chap from Mount Everest serving Indian bread to an old lady from Birmingham in a restaurant near Los Angeles!

Today's picture is one I took in September of a tile mosaic on a wall in Ventura Harbor. I like the fishes.

No comments: