Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Piece of Cake!


When I was working as a Project Manager, some very complicated and seemingly impossible tasks landed on my desk. I would always tell my staff, "No problem - A piece of cake!" And, somehow we always got things done! Well, I am trying to keep that same motto, but, as Mr Indi's carer, the cake ain't so easy to cut anymore!


I dropped him off at the clinic at 9:00 for his Aredia IV and swung by the grocery store before heading to the men's department of one of the local discount stores. I was looking for a shirt to go with his navy slacks and blazer and I found the perfect combo - navy, white and purple! I also found a purple tie that coordinates perfectly! Sounds 'orrible - looks lovely!


While at the chemo clinic, I had picked up the paper work to fill out for Mr. Indi to apply for a handicapped parking placard. I had just got back to the house and was starting to fill out the forms when his Lordship called to say he was almost finished so get my bum back up there and pick him up! I managed to get the forms completed and as luck would have it, Dr. J was there when I went into the chemo room and I was able to get him to put his John Hancock to them and Viola - I was ready to venture to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) - but first LUNCH!


We went down to Chili's and saw our two favorite waitresses - Cindi and Marika. Cindi showed us pictures of her darling little boy - what a beautiful child. And, after a nice meal, I drove his Lordship back home and he flopped into bed for a nice rest with the heating pad on his back. While he snoozed, I mustered up the nerve to take the handicapped forms down to the DMV and stand in line with the great unwashed (it was 98 degrees - and I'm certain they were unwashed) masses! Fortunately, they have a special numbering system for people with handicapped applications and I only waited about 15 mins. I was well pleased as I drove home - placard in hand.


However, nothing is easy! When I got home, Mr. Indi had rolled over in bed, while asleep, and squashed his reading glasses! What a doofus! So, it was time to get the car out again and drive to the drug store for some specs! I think I put 150 miles on my tires yesterday - but he's worth it! He found a nice pair of aviator style glasses and is now happy that he can get back to the New York Times crossword puzzle that he has been working on since Sunday!


The appointment came through for the MRI - 2:45 this afternoon. This works out well as I made beef for dinner last night and we will have cold meat and salad for dinner when we get back from the imaging place. No cooking - that'll make a change!


The picture is one that I took at the Los Angeles County Fair. It won a 2nd prize for cake decorating but I think it should have got a 1st. I couldn't make a cake like that if my life depended on it! It was made by a chap and I bet he thought it was "A Piece of Cake!"

No comments: