Friday, November 28, 2008

Gobble has been gobbled!


Our Thanksgiving Day was lovely. Dinner at M and D's house was super - lovely turkey - smashing stuffing and a nice wine to wash it down. After dinner I had a couple of glasses of port - Wow! That is something that I haven't had in donkey's years and I'd forgotten how good it is. Yummy stuff - I think I might have to buy myself a bottle. Mr Indi really enjoyed his dinner and washed it down with O'Douls - a very nice non-alcoholic beer. Mr. Indi's back started to give him some serious discomfort and so we were back home by about 7:30. He has no more radiation until next Monday so we shall be spending a very quiet weekend catching up on resting, reading and watching the tube!


Yesterday, the weather was lovely, too. Lots of clouds - the big puffy kind - a few showers and some sun peeking through. The day was cool but not cold and last night was perfect for sleeping. Maybe the horrible heat of summer has finally gone away.


Today is the "official" start of the Christmas shopping frenzy. Some of the stores opened at 4 o'clock this morning and there were people (who obviously need their head examined) waiting outside the doors! I mean, I'm an early bird but I'm not about to stand in line, in the dark, bundled up in coat and gloves just so that I can buy 3 pairs of knickers for the price of 2! I'd rather go without! Ermmm! You know what I mean!


Here are a few more things that you don't know about Mr. Indi:

21) He is left handed to the max - but learned to play golf right handed.

22) He would love to go back to Pensacola, Florida for a vacation

23) His favorite color is dark green

24) He is a fabulous touch-typist. He can type a note to his boss while watching the telly!

25) He gets sea sick on boats

26) He is daft with money and will buy me anything I want - but doesn't buy himself anything.

27) If he had to live on one kind of food it would be Mexican

28) He will try any kind of food - dead or alive! - but NOT beetroot!

29) His favorite comedy group is Monty Python. He adores John Cleese

30 His favorite movie is Lawrence of Arabia


Today's picture is of a water wheel that is an architectural feature of a new shopping center on the main street of town. It's kind of nice - I think - maybe - or not!

1 comment:

Muderma said...

"His favorite movie is Lawrence of Arabia" ...

... hey, thats mine too ! I'm a Lawrence addict; waited for years and years to visit Wadi Rhum ... and then I did two years back ! WOW !!


(Of course, my other favourite is 'Out of Africa' ... )