Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Finally!


After 2 years of having politics for breakfast, lunch and dinner, we have finally reached election day! Phew! I am so sick of it all and will be celebrating the end of the race with a couple of beers or three later this evening - I would like to say that I don't CARE who wins - but that isn't true. I do care and I hope it's Barak Obama. John McCain is a nasty, shrivelled up, forgetful old man who thinks that because he was once a POW that he is qualified to be President. Well, if his choice for VP is any indication of his judgement BWAHHHHHHHH! Silly old George Bush clone. Go back to Arizona where you belong - the country doesn't need any more Republican damage.


Here in California, we have been bombarded with propaganda against the law that made gay marriage legal earlier this year. Most of the hate is coming from the so-called religious right. They want to repeal the law and SAVE MARRIAGE. What a load of crap. There is nothing wrong with my marriage or anybody else's marriage - my marriage isn't hurt in the least if gays marry. I think people who love each other should be allowed to marry and if these so called religious folks can spout so much hate in the name of the Bible - then I'm happy to be an atheist. I don't have time for hate.


Mr. Indi has gone to work today - sometimes I just despair! I can't keep him at home. He seems to have got a fairly decent pain control schedule working and he wanted to test his ability to drive and function properly while taking morphine and Vicodin. Fingers crossed! I think he will be OK.


I have just been down to the end of the driveway to get the morning paper and it's RAINING - It is wonderful and wet and drippy and I'm so happy for my poor gasping plants. As soon as it gets light, I will take some photos of the rain!


I got word yesterday that a very kind friend of mine has just learned that her husband, who is already an invalid, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Jan, I will hold you and Tony in my heart xxxxxx


The picture is of a hanging basket I grew a couple of years ago - a pretty begonia.


No comments: