Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Big Ted!


I normally don't post pictures of living relatives except me and him, of course, but I got this pic in the mail today and I absolutely, positively had to show everyone. This is the latest addition (age 4 weeks) to our family and I had to show the world how gorgeous, lovely, sweet, precious and adorable he is. And, he has a BIG teddy!


I woke up at 1 a.m. to the sound of rain - YES - real honest to goodness rain. It was wonderful to lie in bed and hear that tinkling on the roof. It has stopped now (5 a.m) but thunderstorms may pop up later in the day - either way, my plants must be loving it!

Yesterday was not good for Mr. Indi. His back was giving him a terrible time and when he tried to lie down his legs would start acting up. I'm wondering if he is getting RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). A condition where the legs won't stop twitching and moving. My son had that for many years and it is truly miserable. We see the radiation oncologist this morning after the 7:30 a.m. zapping session and we shall be asking her about the leg issue - as well as if there is anything that Mr. Indi can take or do to combat his exhaustion. He spent most of the day yesterday in bed. He didn't have the strength to do anything. We know that radiation is tiring but he is getting to the point where he wants to sleep all day. It's probably the morphine but I will ask some questions.

I spent yesterday trying to catch up with some skivvying and laundry - but didn't get very far as the phone rang all day! I'm not complaining - it's lovely to talk to family and friends and know that people are caring about us. I didn't even cook because we had leftover dead sheep bits in the casserole dish which I reheated and served with lovely crusty bread - Yum!

I watched Barack Obama give a news conference on the telly yesterday morning. Isn't it wonderful to watch to a man who is articulate, intelligent and doesn't have a smirk! A real pleasure.

Well, it's time to get ready for another day at the coal face and I will report back on the doc visit later - if I have the oomph to do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And a Grand Old Bear that is mate. Oh! and the kid aint bad either."
Best to you Mr. and Mrs. B.

Daria said...

I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Daria