Sunday, November 9, 2008

Roses are Pink


OK - I promise not to snivel today!


Yesterday, we had a very productive morning. Not only did we sort out some clothing for both the drug rehab clinic and Goodwill - but we also started on the toys and games in the spare bedroom. I really hate to get rid of the things that my lovely granddaughters played with but - they grow up, don't they? And, I'm sure there are other kiddly winks out there who will enjoy doing those jig saw puzzles and playing with Battleship and Clue!


We made a run out to the Goodwill collection place and were happy to learn that they will also take our old telly - the one that lived in the living room before we got the new BIG telly. I was afraid they wouldn't take it because all old tellys will be obsolete in February when all telly signals will switch to digital. I thought that all the old tellys would have to go to the big telly tip! SO, I'm happy that we can donate it and get a tax write-off - Hmmmm, how much do you think it's worth?


Today, I'm going to try and get rid of some of the old clobber - errr, I mean lovely heirlooms, that are in boxes in the garage. Some of those boxes have not been opened in at least 15 years and so it will be like Christmas! I wonder what I shall find?


Yesterday afternoon, Mr. Indi developed some very severe pain in both his back and his chest. He took 30mg of morphine plus some Vicodin but even that didn't help. I can't understand why the drugs work some of the time - but not every time - there seems to be no pattern to it. He has decided that he is just not feeling well enough to do chemo tomorrow (Monday) and I shall call the clinic at 9:00 in the morning and let them know.


I took the picture yesterday morning. Isn't it lovely to have roses in November?




No comments: