Monday, November 10, 2008

In the Shade of...........


Poor old Mr. Indi didn't get any sleep and spent most of Sunday morning wandering around like a zombie - tap - tap - tap with his cane! It seems that one of the painkillers, or maybe the muscle relaxant, has made his knees go a bit wobbly - so by the afternoon it was tap - wobble - tap - wobble - ! Pretty soon, I'm expecting to hear - tap - wobble - thud!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We got some of our treasures in the garage cleared out. I was able to palm some tatty old junk off on my neighbor, Delores. She is Fred, the fisherman's wife and I thought it only fair that I donate to her a bag of old bits of lace, some buttons, several scraps of brocade material and some sequins to show how grateful I was for the lovely tuna that Fred gave us! She was delighted!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We went to Marie's for lunch. We haven't been for ages and I had forgotten that they do an all-you-can-eat Sunday brunch. We didn't fancy that so I had shrimp in pasta with a nice cheesy sauce and his Lordship had a big crock of chili with a huge slab of cornbread - Yum! And, while we ate, we were entertained by watching the 500lb people making numerous trips to the buffet line and staggering back with plates of food that would feed most of Bangladesh - and all the while reminding the waitress that they need a refill on their DIET COKE!!!!!! Diet coke? Why not just wash down those 8000 calories with a double chocolate malted milk shake - what's the diff?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Indi will not be doing chemo today and he's not going to work because he's unsure about driving while on his morphine pills - AND, I sure in heck ain't driving him to LA at 4 in the morning! So, he is now tap - tap - tapping away on his lap-top. Not with his stick, you understand!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The picture is one that I took when we were at the Mission San Luis Rey. I like the shape of the tree.
Excuse the lines between paragraphs - stupid blogger won't let me double space again!
OOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSS! - I forgot to say a big THANK YOU to all the people who sent me cyber hugs - they were lovely xxxxxxxx

1 comment:

meili_lo said...

I pray for healing for your husband. the Bible says: With the striped of Jesus we are healed. God Bless.