Friday, November 21, 2008

A Confession - I Have Sinned!


OK - This has nothing to do with Mr. Indi. It has to do with me!


I did something the other day that I despise in other people - in fact, I think people who commit this sin should be hung up by their toe nails over a steaming vat of melted pork innards!


While I was sitting in the doc's office with his Lordship, I was reading some mindless magazine (as one does!) and I came across a recipe that I had to have - so - guess what? I tore it out of the magazine and hid it in my purse........OMG .......the guilt is killing me...but wait till I tell you what the recipe is....and then maybe you will all forgive me!


This is for a dinner party for 12.

Watercress Endive Salad with Blood Oranges and Pomegranates

Braised Spiced Short Ribs of Beef in Sherry

Horseradish Mashed Potatoes

Ginger Creme Anglaise


I know that I can cut the recipe down to 6 and we could eat it for 3 days!


Is that yummy or what?


p.s. Truth be known the magazine was the Jan 2008 issue of Sunset ( a GREAT magazine put out by the Auto Club) and if anyone wants the recipes for any of it just drop me a line.


Am I forgiven?


The picture is of the beautiful stained glass window in the foyer of the Magic Lamp restaurant. It dates from 1953 and I think it's lovely - AND - where is Aladdin when you need him?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The recipe sounds yummy you must let me know if it is as good as it sounds , hugs & hugs Moo XXXXX

Anonymous said...

H sis, good to talk to you last night, how you guys doing today. Lots of love xxxxxxx Anjo

Muderma said...

You call that a SIN ?

Are you nuts ?


If that's your only sin in this life, I can assure you, St Peter will one day be at the heavenly gates, saying 'Come in Indi; welcome ... you're one in a trillion !'


XX Granny

ipa said...

Granny,
I didn't say it was my ONLY sin! Hehehehe! To document them all, the manuscript would be as big as the entire works of Will Shakespoke!
xxxxx

ipa said...

Good Morning Anjo - We both had a good night's kip and are ready for a nice relaxing day - weather much cooler so I may work in the garden.
Love
Indi Pale Ale
xx