Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Early Birds!


So, just as I predicted, yesterday was go - go -go! Phew, I'm getting a bit old for this lark. So, when are one of you lot coming over to give me a day orf? - Huh? Huh? I can't quite hear you! Did you say a week from next Friday? Oh good!


We got back from the radiation center at about 8:30 - it's a 22 mile round trip - and had another enjoyable breakfast of forest floor droppings and decaying vegetable matter. Yum! Followed by handfuls of pills and 2 glasses of water! Do we live well or what? Mr. Indi went for a lie down and I set off to do the grocery shopping - I needed the ingredients to make the braised lamb shank casserole. Will write the recipe out if anyone wants it. While out, I decided to look for his fleece jogging pants that he wants. I found them at Kohl's - a quite good clothing store that has lots of name brands on the cheap. I also picked him up some new underpants - he seems to have blown some holes in his old ones! Maybe it's the Senokot!


Back home just in time to think about lunch. Mr Indi was still sleeping so I did get a few minutes on the computer and found an email from a cousin on father's side who is doing the family tree! Weeeee! I will reply to her with info as soon as I get the time. She also posted a pic of my lovely (and very handsome) Uncle Sid!- long dead, I'm afraid. We went to a local Pizza place for lunch - never been there before - AND - would you believe that they don't sell beer! WHAT! Who ever heard of such a thing - pizza with NO beer! Pfft! We shan't be going back there again! Although Mr. Indi is always happy with iced tea or water - beer doesn't mix well with morphine!


Mr. Indi went back to bed after lunch and I yacked for a while to my sis on the phone. She keeps me sane by telling me her escapades as a carer to 2 invalid women and her trials and tribulations as an arthritic golfer! I also did all the prep for the dead sheep leg dinner and got that in a slow oven at 2:30 pm.


After Mr. Indi got up, it was off to the Medical Supply place to rent a wheelchair. He can only manage with his walker for a little while and his legs start to give out completely - so he is unable to come to the shops or anywhere really without fear of falling. Well, we got what they call a transport chair. I chose it because it only weighs about 19 lbs and I am able to lift it in and out of the car. I do hope that I can push him - he's a great big chap and I have the build of a praying mantis! I think it will be OK as long as we are on a smooth surface - no carpet. The chair is bright red - MY fave color - and I already have some ideas for Christmas decorations to suit it!


We have a weather warning for the Los Angeles area today and tomorrow. A large storm approaching from the Pacific. That usually means 7 dribbles of rain and one clap of thunder! Seriously though - hope it's nothing too bad as it could spell disaster for the burn areas - mud slides are the fear.


Here are a few more things that you didn't know about his Lordship:

11) He is the youngest of 4 children

12) He plays the piano - although not for years as we no longer own one! Boo Hoo

13) He would rather drink tea than coffee

14) He doesn't like sports - but will watch golf or motor racing if I put it on the telly

15) His favorite author is Robert Louis Stevenson

16) His favorite composer is Chopin

17) He loves to be around people from other countries and to learn their culture

18) His favorite place to go fishing is Campbell River, Vancouver Island, BC

19) His favorite place to visit in England is Brighton

20) He is a tinkerer and can fix anything - well, almost anything - except stinking cancer!


Today's picture is one I took yesterday morning - about 6 am - if you look closely, you can see that the birds are already up.


ps - the lamb shanks were delish!

No comments: