Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mutton Dressed Up As Lamb!


His Lordship stayed home yesterday - and I was happy for that. He had a terrible night and really needed to get some rest - although we ended up going to the local shopping center, spending pots of money, and then having lunch at a nice restaurant - Some rest!


He has wanted one of those man shoulder bags (purse) for quite a while but I haven't been able to find one until yesterday. It's quite nice - looks like a dispatch case from an outrider with the Butterfield Stage! Now all he needs are a pair of chaps and a Stetson - Hmmmm more ideas for Christmas presents!


For lunch, we ate at "The Elephant Bar" - a nice place with a jungle theme! ( Not the menu - the decor!) We have eaten there before and last time I had a delicious braised lamb shank with a lovely tomatoey gravy and nice fresh veggies - So!!! I ordered it again. Well, of course -tis never the same - this poor lamb was no spring chicken! It was chewy old mutton but it probably had a good life as it must have lived to be at least 103. Mr Indi had a stir fry sesame chicken concoction - he really enjoyed it.


Our waiter, Evan, was a sweet chap but he was more interested in my knitting - (I always take my knitting to lunch with me) - than in getting my glass of beer from the bar. He went on at great length to tell me about his Mom's many crochet projects. I was getting ready to stab him in the eye with my number 4.5mm needle when he remembered that he was a waiter and scurried off to get my drink. Cor - I was parched - shopping makes me thirsty!


Today's picture is one that I took of the rain falling in our garden on Tuesday morning. It may be the only rain we see for a while so I might frame the original!

p.s. Mr. Indi has docs this morning and we shall get the results of the latest blood tests. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Muderma said...

I thought people in California had bigger swimming pools than the diddy little on in your photo Indi !!


XX for Mr ...

Anonymous said...

hi aunty pee , perhaps it was'nt lamb perhaps it was elephant after all !!