Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Green Machine!


I WANT one of these! Isn't this little scooter the coolest thing? AND I think I would look perfect riding around town with Mr. Indi on the back - holding the bags of groceries - look at all the money we would save on gas!


Isn't it funny how we change as we get older. All my life, I hated the color green but I woke up one day about 2 years ago and saw how beautiful green can be. I now wear lots of green and think this scooter is a marvelous shade of green. Green is in!


We got to the clinic at 7:15 a.m. yesterday morning and the gate was locked. I felt like a convict trying to start a prison riot as I shook the bars and yelled - Oi! Let us in! But it was only a few minutes before Teresa came with the master key and it was Open Sesame! Being the first in, Mr. Indi only had to wait a few minutes before he was taken into the radiation room and given a darned good zapping! I can hear the machine as it throws it's rads into his back - it zaps for 45 seconds - a long time in terms of radiation. A typical X-ray takes about 2 seconds. But he was soon back out and we were back home by 8:30 and able to sit and have some breakfast in peace with nothing else of any importance on the day's agenda.


Today (Saturday) is a day off from radiation, but, because of the Thanksgiving Day holiday coming up on Thursday, they will be operating the clinic tomorrow so that patients don't miss any treatments. Mr. Indi signed up for the first appointment - 6:30 a.m. The nurse came into the waiting room and asked me if this would be OK. "Of course," I said. "I have nothing else to do at 6:30 on a Sunday morning." EEK! Oh well, truth is, I'm an early bird anyway so might as well get it over with and have the rest of the day to loaf around.


Thanks again for all the lovely messages and emails - especially from Joseph in Japan - lovely to hear from you.

1 comment:

Daria said...

Pam,

I think you should get that scooter. You definitely have the weather there. We on the other hand do not. Though we have no snow right now, we are expecting it any day.

Daria