Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dawn of a New Day!


I just took this picture about 10 minutes ago. I thought it was apt to show a new day dawning and with any luck it is also the dawn of a new era. There are many reasons why I'm happy that Barak Obama won the election. The number one reason is that he doesn't smirk! I couldn't take any more smirking! After 8 years of watching the smirking Georgie, I was afraid we were going to get the smirking John - Arggggggg! But common sense has prevailed and the smirkers were trounced - good riddance!


I think Barak Obama will have a difficult job for the next couple of years and I don't envy him the task of cleaning up the horrible economic mess that the country finds itself in - but I think he is bright and eloquent and I do believe he cares about the nation and will bring together a team who will be well qualified to tackle the problems. Good luck to him.


Mr. Indi came home from work at about 10:00 a.m. yesterday and couldn't even carry his briefcase from the car to the house. He was doubled over with pain in both his back and his chest. He thinks that part of his problem is constipation from the morphine -(a notorious bunger-up) - and even though he has been getting plenty of bran and fruit down his neck, his visits to the loo are less than satisfactory - in fact a rabbit does a better job! So, last night he drank a half a bottle of Magnesium Citrate - a fruit laxative - in the hopes of having a good....errr.....you know what! AND, that reminded us of a very funny story.


Several years ago, my elderly uncle and his lady friend (both now gone to join the choir invisibule) came to visit us. We didn't know it but they were both chronic alcoholics (yes, even worse than me!) and used to start on the vodka at 8 in the morning. We didn't realize this as they mixed it with orange juice and drank it out of a Tupperware juice glass! At the time, my Mom was also visiting us and had been having irregularity problems. I had bought her some Magnesium Citrate to help matters along. The stuff comes in a bottle that resembles a 7-up bottle. You can guess the rest.........Uncle's lady friend ran out of orange juice and used the laxative to mix with her morning vodka! We were supposed to go to San Francisco for the day but the poor woman was stuck on the loo for about 6 hours! Let that be a lesson!


I got my car back - tis much better and I am $496 poorer. Ryan loves me!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mrs Banjo says well done Mr Obama let's hope he comes up with the goods, I'm sure he will. Glad the motor got fixed. and sorry about Mr Indi's bunged up state, hope he gets it sorted. xxxxx