Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Friday Fish Day!


I never seem to get a minute's peace anymore - well, I suppose I do but I just don't take advantage of those moments. Yesterday morning, I took an inventory of his Lordships drugs and determined that he might not have enough pain killers to last the weekend. - SO........ We had to call the cancer clinic and get Dina to write a couple of prescriptions. This is the trouble with opioid drugs - the doc can't phone in a refill to the drug store - I suppose to guard against abuse - so I had to drive to the clinic to pick up the prescripts and then drop them off at Larry's. My car drives to the clinic and back on automatic pilot!


My next project was to get the ingredients that I needed for dinner. My neighbor, Fred the fisherman, has just returned from a few days of deep sea fishing off the coast of Mexico. He presented me with several slices of fresh albacore tuna and I wanted to try a new recipe - so it was off to the market with a list in hand. Isn't it funny that you get free fish but then spend $30 on ingredients to make a yummy dish?


I had decided on a recipe that I found on the web - (one of Emeril's) - Tuna with Tomato, Caper and Parsley Brown Butter Sauce. It was very good and even though Mr. Indi isn't a big fish fan he really enjoyed it. I served the tuna over jasmine rice with buttered peas - a nice mellow accompaniment. There is enough tuna left for Mr. Indi to have tuna sarnies for his lunch on Monday and I still have about 4 more hunks of fish in the freezer - Yum.


We have decided it's time to clear out our closets - the rules are: If you haven't worn it for 5 years or can't get the zipper up- Be Gone! My DIL is a counselor at a drug rehab center and tells some very sad stories of folks who have been released from prison and are trying to get their lives together - BUT - have nothing to start with. We shall be donating some of Mr. Indi's sports jackets, trousers and shirts to the center in the hope that it will help someone who needs clothes for a job interview or in looking for housing. I will give some of my clothes too - in the hopes that there is a very short, flat chested woman with no bum who is looking for some nice, nearly-new jeans!


Today's picture is of a lovely bronze statue on the main street in Palm Springs. It's called Standing Woman and is by the Mexican sculptor Felipe Castaneda.

No comments: