Thursday, November 13, 2008

If It Isn't One Thing - It's The Tree!


We had a good visit with Dr. J who was duly impressed with our folder of materials including pictures of naked men! No - not those kind of pictures! Anatomy pictures that I found on the net and where Mr. Indi was able to draw in where his pain lives. But, doc was much more concerned with the numbness in Mr. Indi's legs and bum as he thinks that this might point to a tumor in his ribcage or spine that is causing nerve compression and thus numbness. He has ordered an MRI (stat) and we are just waiting for insurance approval which should only take a couple of days. If the results of the MRI are positive it will mean radiation for Mr. Indi - bummer!


The weather forecast is calling for more Santa Ana winds today and through the weekend - winds up to 70 mph. Why do we care? - well - here is the story. We have a very wobbly fence on the one side of our back garden and it is in danger of blowing down if the wind gets too strong. Our solution to the wobbly fence problem (rather than pay money to get it fixed, of course!) is to tie the fence to the very large ash tree with a heavy duty rope. Mr. Indi - with his wobbly legs - went out to take care of this chore yesterday afternoon while I sat on the front porch talking on the phone, laughing, having a cold beer and enjoying some relaxation.


Unfortunately, Mr. Indi's wobbly legs met up with the wobbly fence and, as he was wrapping the rope around the tree, he fell! I, of course, was totally oblivious to this calamity and went and got myself another beer! After a while, I finished my conversation and wandered into the back garden to check on my washing that was drying on the clothes horse. There was his Lordship groveling around under the ash tree calling me some rather choice and unaffectionate names! How was I to know that his knee had blown a gasket? Poor old chap. SO, he is home from work again today with legs that are even wobblier than yesterday! Grrr!


I am still going through my baskets of treasures and yesterday found a train ticket from Hereford to Worcester! It was when we went to Worcester Cathedral with Mrs. Banjo. What a lovely day that was. - Ahhh!


Today's picture is of a very amazing plant that was growing at the Mission at San Luis Rey. As you can see, it has the prettiest and most delicate little flowers and leaves - BUT - if you look closely, you will see that it has these wicked stems with killer thorns - a horrible menace in disguise! I don't know what it's called.

2 comments:

Muderma said...

Euphorbia millii ...


I've got one in a pot on the window sill ... love it ! I originally gave it to my mother as her name was Milly ... but she hated it, so I had it back ! Must mean its lived in that pot for at least 10 or 12 years ... heck, I'd better repot it ... but with those thorns ?

Hmmm ... could be quite a task !

ipa said...

Thanks for the info Granny - I can always count on you to come up with useless - er - I mean useful plant facts!
Ta everso
Love - IPA