Thursday, May 1, 2008

More Saturday






I recovered from my choking spell and was able to muster the strength to look around the shops and boutiques. Mr. Indi bought me lovely antique butterfly brooch at the Antique Barn - a kind of consignment shop - I love to mooch about in there as they have lots of old fur coats and wierd hats that my sister and I tried on when she visited a few months ago. The shopkeepers thought we were quite mad and Mr. Indi hid behind an old wardrobe. I see that no-one has purchased the full length mink that I was wearing!

We had a great lunch at a super Mexican joint on the main street. I had to choose my dish carefully as I am still limited to soft and slimey or runny and mushy. So, while I would kill for
Chili Verde (chunks of pork cooked in a spicy green sauce) I gambled on a Chili Relleno ( a mild green chili stuffed with cheese and deep fried in egg batter.) It was delicious....and the cold beer was good too.

Then it was off to the pier for more fresh air and of course, liquid refreshment. Our day ended with a lovely sunset.

1 comment:

¡ PASKIJONES !!! said...

Hi, cute thing !

My spanish ancestry impedes me to get the exact meaning your words transmit but by "choking spell" i sort of understand a phisical ordeal transfomed your speech into some kind of uncomprehensible mutter.

Be it as it may, i'll reconize an awesome bike bash which took place 17 years ago stole my speaking hability for some years and, 'though at the beginning i invested some effort in foneic retrieval through speech therapy, after not many months i quit such boring torture and concentrated my effort in retrieving my fucked up anatomy.

The prize to that investment was regaining the balance i ad also lost and my worldwide freedom. Thanks to that overcome conviction now i share my life and everything with my Muse Sandra, an angel who has accepted with no restrictions my original-sounding but perfectly comprehensible speech. Hope you forgive my epistolary diarrhoea but, a pity you can't unerstand spic, my website shows the awsome desease i suffer.

Pasquinel Beltrán,
blowing truthful love from spain