Friday, May 9, 2008

News from Home


Yesterday was chemo day and I dropped Mr. Indi off at the clinic at 9:am. His treatment consists of a delicious cocktail of Taxotere, Carboplatin and Aredia with some steroids and Tagamet thrown in for good measure.

He got through the Taxotere OK but when they started the Carboplatin he quickly developed some nasty side effects and they had to stop the infusion and give him a saline drip and Tagamet for about 45 minutes. He had had Carboplatin last time with no ill effects but the nurse said it's not unusual for a patient's body to recognize the nasty stuff and go into revolt the second time around! They were able to restart the Carbo and the whole process was finished by 2:30pm.

Mr Indi had taken his lunch bag with a few nibbles to snack on but by the time I picked him up he was starving and wanted to get some hot chicken wings! Sometimes I think he has cast iron guts!I drove him down to the Hot Wings place and he scarfed on wings with sweet honey BBQ sauce. I played the trivia game for 1/2 an hour but lost to a bloke named Harv.......I shall get my revenge next time I see Harv!

While Mr. Indi was at the clinic, I did a few chores and poked in the garden for a little while. I also was pleased to get a phone call from my sister in England. She filled me in on all the latest scoop - not much going on! I was happy to learn that my nephew had won a seat on the County Council and his sister had also won a seat on her local Council.....and I'm also pleased to hear that my other niece is loving living in London. I don't blame her - I love London too!

The photo above was taken at a local shopping center last weekend.

No comments: